• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a Stihl 090. I bought this saw from a local last year, made a test cut with it, and have shelved it ever since. When I got it the wrap had broken where loop attaches to the post, so I had a neighbor weld it back up for me. If anyone needs pictures of the repair I can dig them up. Once I cleaned a carbon booger off the plug it fired right up with a prime this morning after sitting for months (I always prime big saws instead of pulling them over with the choke on).

It runs, idles, and oils good and is mechanically sound. I put a new carb kit in it last year because it had a bit of an issue taking a tune, outside of that I haven't messed with it. A p.o. installed the current tank vent setup on it, it works fine so I left it alone. One other thing I'll point out, there are no missing fins on the recoil.

The only cosmetic flaws are a crack in the top cover (pic #3), minor paint loss from use, and the cushioning on the wrap. Since the old cushioning was gone I tried putting pipe insulation wrapped with electrical tape on it as a secondary a/v system, all you need to do to strip it off is cut through the tape and foam to expose the bare aluminum handle.

It will come with a 60" .404 Stihl bar with a matching Stihl semi-chisel chain. Both the bar and chain are like new, the saw was tuned with them installed but no actual cutting has been done with them. I'm asking $1400 + the ride for the saw with the bar and chain, unless someone wants to buy the b/c separately the saw will NOT be sold pho.

IMG_8195.jpegIMG_8196.jpegIMG_8197.jpegIMG_8198.jpegIMG_8199.jpegIMG_8200.jpegIMG_8201.jpegIMG_8202.jpegIMG_8203.jpegIMG_8204.jpeg

Latest posts

Back