Stihl MS211

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Stihl MS211 chainsaw? I'm just a homeowner looking to get a chainsaw for some light work around the house. Saw this at the dealer and liked the look and feel of it. Wanted to get some feedback before purchasing.

Does anyone have any experience with the Stihl MS211 chainsaw? I'm just a homeowner looking to get a chainsaw for some light work around the house. Saw this at the dealer and liked the look and feel of it. Wanted to get some feedback before purchasing.

No, but it looks better than the 210 on paper, and better than the Husky 240 as well.

Remember that this opinion is "paper only" - I never ran any of them, and have no wish to do so.

There is a guy on here who has one and likes it.

I have a 210, wish it was a 211...

I have 4 tanks on mine so far and love it. Pulls the 16" bar very well, for a cheaper small saw I think Stihl is going in the right direction. If it matters, the 211 is a strato saw, burns very clean and no face full of 2 stroke. I have not opened the muffler up and might just leave it stock for now. I would say it could hold it's own against any of the other brands of the same size.

only did like 5 min of cutting

i havent got to use the 181 much yet, but from what i can tell i think i need to take it to my dealer to have the carb tweaked because its really laggy to blipping the throttle and so i cant say a lot till i get it tuned right. So far to be honest, i like the 180 better, but i want to get into some bigger wood to see how they operate in big wood as right now i have only used it for limbing a couple tree, so not a good comparison.

You can pull the L cap out and adjust that at home. I've adjusted mine alittle after the 3rd tank, they feel more like a torquey saw than speedy. If you need to do the H, I'd take it to the dealer so he could tach it.

I literally just ran one 10 minutes ago at the dealer. I pulled in and he was testing one out for himself so guess what I came home with. The list price was 289.00 with a 16", he gave it to me for 260 with an extra chain. I really like the saw, great response just like the 441 and plenty of power. I had it burried in maple and it never bogged. Only thing is it is cold blooded as all get out until it's warmed up and good and broke in just like my 441 was. All in all just like the 441, try it and you'll buy it, GREAT LITTLE SAW!

I seen one at my dealer a while ago.Looked totally different than my 021. Id like to see the inards of the intake and carburetor. Muffler had little anti tamer locks on it. How are the spring AV mounts?:cheers:

Just ran 3 tanks through it with 6 to 10" limbs probably about a good sized truckload. It's a nice saw, blows the 210 out of the water and is smooth as silk. This wont be used commercially but i'm gonna put in the field for a week and see what it can do and i'll get back to ya. The new av on the 270 441 and now the occassional use saws is the only way to go, and the strat thing is a step in the right direction i totally agree. My dealer claims it's gonna give the entry level saws a huge advantage for the rpm's if nothing else. I haven't tached it yet but it' gotta be in the 13,000 range just by ear and if anyone knows where it's supposed be at let me know.

That is same way I feel about mine. Max rpm spec is 13,500, it is the same for the 171, 181, and 211.

Yeah I just finally read my first manual and seen 13'500 which is where it's at right now after 3 tanks and it's running nice and rich. It will probably be pushin 14k in another 10 tanks.

ms 211

i bought one a month ago because i wanted to try a stihl out.now that i have cant say im impressed.so looks nice and quality is good.new air filter design is also nice but power is not so good.i haven't cut anything larger than 10 inches but saw bogs easy.kinda wish i would have got a husky 440.I am going to change plug and do a muffler mod and readjust carb maybe can squeeze a little more power out of it.payed 300 for it with case and extra chain.i wanted a little saw to do trail work and small stuff but find myself using my bigger husky most time.hopefully it will do better after mods.:bang:

i bought one a month ago because i wanted to try a stihl out.now that i have cant say im impressed.so looks nice and quality is good.new air filter design is also nice but power is not so good.i haven't cut anything larger than 10 inches but saw bogs easy.kinda wish i would have got a husky 440.I am going to change plug and do a muffler mod and readjust carb maybe can squeeze a little more power out of it.payed 300 for it with case and extra chain.i wanted a little saw to do trail work and small stuff but find myself using my bigger husky most time.hopefully it will do better after mods.:bang:

You must have a lemon or the carb is off. Mine loves 10in. wood, that is about perfect size for this little saw to chug on through. A muff mod picked mine up but not needed, they run great stock.

Someone said that the MS251 will be on the same platform - that looks quite promising for a "strato" homeowner design - except for the looks of course! ;)

Last edited:
Someone said that the MS251 will be on the same platform - that looks quite promising fot a "strato" homeowner design - except for the looks of course! ;)

Well the 211 is a good replacement for the 250 so I'm sure the 251 will up the ante. Stihl has the best looking saws anyway.

Latest posts

Back