stihl timbersports

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundraotto

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ok watching the stihl timbersports on right now and just wondered why there are none of the experts here appearing. does or has anyone had the pleasure of seeing their saw/chain/friend appear on tv?:confused: this group of members here seems a wildly rode hard and put up wet bunch and i find it hard to believe that i havent seen any of you pros out there yet!!!:)

Which one of the series were you watching? I compete during the year and have met several of the competitors. Most of them you can walk up to and start some great conversations. But when its time to play/ work they are all buisness. One of my buddies has a picture of me walking past Bolsted....... I'm 5'8 260 and I look like a little kid next to him.

To your question: To get into the show you must qualify in the top 10. Then you only see the top guys, you don't see the other 20-25 guys that didn't make that event.

Later,
chris :D

reviving an old post

you see the traditional pole climbing, where you clang a bell and basically freefall 59 ft, or something, which is awsome competition don't get me wrong. But wouldn't it be great to see some "tree climbers" in competition? with the rigging and limb transfers and such. I can understand this would be a burden to circuit promoters but you could have an arbororist or tree climbers games that I would think you could promote?

G'day Otto,

the closest I can get to the Stihl Timbersports, is that a guy I work with, is the cousin of Jason Wynyard, who appears on the show from time to time!!! Giving us Kiwis a good name! He comes from my part of the country, and has a HUGE stack of firewood out the back of his place as he trains a fair bit of the day when he's back down here. A real nice guy.
He and David Bolstad (the famous Sonny Bolstad's son) are always going head to head.
Cheers
Charlie.

http://jasonwynyard.com/

http://www.starinfo.com/wrecords/hotsaw.txt

On the Stihl series these men and women are the best in many aspects of the sport....not just one or two....Hotsaws and chainsaws are only a small part of the sport.
I have raced against many of these people, but I am not a chopper or the all around logger type, maybe thats why this is not the choker-setting forum or tree-climbing forum....Just a thought...wannnnna Race ?

Robert...maybe a choker(person) race at the Clearwater Revival...Lambert in a dress has my money....well...at least someones money....this could get really fun...right after he competes in the washing machine contest he can do the bread making and then we can allow him to do the choker race...

Just curious, do y'all use a special bug repelant w/them skirts? I like to stay cool myself, but them bugs, y'know. Besides, do you guys feel safe, bending over and gassing your saws? Jeez, just when you think you might understand something, everything changes. I'm so confused...

a few years back some of the local timbersports guys would meet in sharon springs the first weekend in june. jewett,sullivan,bush,scutt and pfenninger. some others like dupree, hammond,vroman. real nice crew and more than willing to help a new guy. marty

Latest posts

Back