Superstitious cutters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all,

Any of you guys superstitious or set in your ways when it comes to cutting? I know I am I have a certain way I like to do things and I couldnt I magine doing it or wouldnt do it any other way. As far as the superstition is concerned my main one goes like this. I have had the same adjustment wrench for ten years when I come home from work it comes out of my back pocket straight onto my dresser by the bed. If I go to work without it which I havent for over six years I have had the some of the worse days in my life in the woods. I lost it last year on a Friday, thank god, went back saturday and after 6 hours of back tracking I found it laying there in a pile of leaves by a white oak I had just topped. I also dug a little sang along the way. I was so relieved to find that wrench, I mean I was sick to my stomach. Anyway I thought I would share that tidbit of knowledge with you. Any other strange superstitions out there? Take care all Wade

Hi Wade, thanks for breaking the ice when it comes to compulsive disorders.
I havent disclosed this to many, but ever since I was a child I couldnt part with my baby blanket. I carry it around with me at all times and generally hide it in my clothing for fear of ridicule, however when I am in the woods I keep it out in the open on my person. It gives me a real feeling of security, even more so than past wives or girlfriends.
It has come between relationships, because I must sleep with it too, which generally causes jealousy. I know I should grow up, and I have sought help in the past, but I love my "cuddy bink".
John

john,
that picture cracks me up. reminds me of a lot i was clearing. some guy shows up on crutches and a big bandage on his foot and asked how good my insurance is. when i asked him why he said he was on the lot last night stealing wood. he picked up a small piece of wood with his foot to get it off the ground. he proceeded to cut down though the wood his sneaker and foot. he wanted me to pay for his stupidity. marty

Latest posts

Back