thought you all might like to see husky 51 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heck that's nothin

you guys shoulda seen my 066 piston after running lean...

i wasn't sure what severe scoring was, but if that picture is severe than mine was extremely severe

i guess that's not something to brag about , however

Aw, that's nothing. My XL-98A demo arrived with rings that had shattered and embedded themselves in the piston and cylinder. A couple rings and a little file work and she's back together. :) Tough saw. Then there's the 026 that had the rings and piston fused into one solid mass...

cause of piston scoring

found cause of piston scoring due to a plugged or restricted fuel screen in carb. replaced it with new as well as removed cylinder, and replaced ring with and honed out cylinder runs fine

Husqvarna 3120 that got a little hot...
Was used for milling and guy never cleaned the saw. The cooling air fins in side cover were packed so full of crap that the poor saw over heated

Jeff

...and that's about what my 026 looked like. Anyone else see the need for a Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Aluminum?

Here is a collection of bad pistons. I keep them around for conversation... Note 3120 in center- several 026's- I have seen several 026's go this way.

Back