TSC Bar Oil for $5.99

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fields_mj

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just a heads up. I walked into a local TSC this week to pick up some dog bones for my pup and notice they had their bar oil marked at $5.99 per gallon. I haven't seen cheap bar oil that low for several years now so I bought 4 gallons. Not sure if its a corporate wide thing, or if its just that store (Ellettsville, IN). Its not my favorite fleet store, but worth checking on if you could use some.

Just a heads up. I walked into a local TSC this week to pick up some dog bones for my pup and notice they had their bar oil marked at $5.99 per gallon. I haven't seen cheap bar oil that low for several years now so I bought 4 gallons. Not sure if its a corporate wide thing, or if its just that store (Ellettsville, IN). Its not my favorite fleet store, but worth checking on if you could use some.
Still $4.49 here at some TSC stores. :surprised3: I picked up 20 gallons a few weeks ago! May not see it that cheap again in my lifetime.

20 gal would likely be a lifetime supply for me. I already had 2 gal on my shelf so the extra 4 gal will likely supply all of my needs for the next decade so long as I don't get into any more big trees that are over 36". Then again, all the trees that are still standing in my yard are over 36", so who knows.... The thought of cutting big trees used to sound like a lot of fun when I was younger. I'm getting ready to hit 50, and these days I'm happy to keep everything well under 30" if I can.

While not exactly on the subject of bar oil prices, the best container for dispensing bar oil into any saw's oil filler is an empty Carnation Coffee Mate container. The spout is perfect for filling the tank and it don't drip plus if you remove the plastic wrap label, the jugs are translucent plastic so you can easily see what you are doing, much better that the black jugs bar oil comes in, I keep a couple filled ones at all times. Menards just had the 'Poulan' purple bar oil in gallon jugs on sale a couple weeks ago for I believe 8 bucks. I bought 4 of them and put them on the shelf for later use. The oil is a pretty purple color.

The coffee creamer bottles also have a secure snap close lid so no leaking in storage in your truck or on your floor. Bad enough my saws all pee bar oil when sitting.

While not exactly on the subject of bar oil prices, the best container for dispensing bar oil into any saw's oil filler is an empty Carnation Coffee Mate container. The spout is perfect for filling the tank and it don't drip plus if you remove the plastic wrap label, the jugs are translucent plastic so you can easily see what you are doing, much better that the black jugs bar oil comes in, I keep a couple filled ones at all times. Menards just had the 'Poulan' purple bar oil in gallon jugs on sale a couple weeks ago for I believe 8 bucks. I bought 4 of them and put them on the shelf for later use. The oil is a pretty purple color.

The coffee creamer bottles also have a secure snap close lid so no leaking in storage in your truck or on your floor. Bad enough my saws all pee bar oil when sitting.
Personally, I much I prefer an empty laundry detergent container.

To each his own. I find the opening is too big on a laundry detergent bottle and most are not translucent either. the Coffee Mate bottles are clear (once you remove the plastic label) and the spout is dripless too. Especially nice when filling the smaller saws with limited bar oil capacity. I don't like overflowing them and getting that sticky crap everywhere.

To each his own. I find the opening is too big on a laundry detergent bottle and most are not translucent either. the Coffee Mate bottles are clear (once you remove the plastic label) and the spout is dripless too. Especially nice when filling the smaller saws with limited bar oil capacity. I don't like overflowing them and getting that sticky crap everywhere.
I always fill the bar oil first so that when I overflow the gas, it rinses the oil off my tailgate... :)

Latest posts

Back