V8 Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Robert, Although Predator is a good name, it is just my feeling that it may not be politicaly correct enough, if that matters.
A name such as predator may give the more sensitive and impressionable the assumption that chainsaws are aggresive things and their owners are timber terrorists.
You still have loads of time to name your new offspring, so I would wait till it has been born and crying before you beknight it.
In order to appease even the most impressionable treehugger or femanist, you could call it, " A Boy Named Sue".
A name such as this will immediately dispell any preconcieved idea that chainsaws and their users are a threat to the enviroment.
John

John , you may be right but I don't think so. A lesser name may slow down my saw. I can hear it now " And next up to cut is Rotax Robert with THE 300 hp V8 SLOTH,TURTLE OR SLUG"
All racers know why we do it...we want to win, have bragging rights, show off etc. etc. even the quiet ones are killing them selves when they walk away with the win knowing they just put away the competition. Any racer out there dissagree ?

The money is spent and PREDATOR it is.

Aboy named sue ?????:rolleyes: SHEEEESH !!!

Robert,
I agree with you. A name like "A Boy Named Sue" sounds like a transvestite. I still like "Terminator" because it would end all other competition, supposedly.
Art Martin

Thanks Art but I gotta huntem all down first with the PREDATOR. I am thinking about a small block chev. 327 for my next saw and TERMINATOR may be its name. I opted for this engine for HP to Weight ratio. I have new pics to post of the V8 and will get John to post them for me tommorow morning if he is up, since I don't know how to attach anything but a bar and chain.

Here is the Powerhead for my new saw the PREDATOR.
It is farther along than this and will try and take more pics in another day or so

Last edited:
Robert,
The pictures look like you are making good progress. Now you need to teach me how to attach pictures.
Art Martin

Hi Art, this forum lends itself to the easy attachments of pictures.
The easiest way I have found is to save the picture you wish to attach on a floppy disk. Below the text of your post is a browse button, click on this and then click on 3 1/2" floppy, then click on the picture you wish to attach. It will then attach itself to your post, however I find if you preview your message the picture will be lost, so just click Submit Reply. If the picture you are posting is too large it will tell you this after about 90 sec. so be patient as the picture uploads.
When you first click the browse button if gives you several choices of where pictures can be stored, such as your hard drive, cd, etc., but the floppy disk works well for me as I can take a picture and have it here only 2 minutes later. A link to pictures can also work well, but the link must be attached to the text of your post. Links can be gotten from photohosts that pictures have been uploaded to. It can be frustrating at first, but then so can square filing, so keep trying and asking if you have any difficulties.
Hope this helps,
John

Huskeyman, It is a 1963 buick 215 V8...last year made and came stock at 200hp. I have since put all real high performance parts in it and am trying to get around 300 hp. Engine weighs only 318 lbs and the completed saw should weigh in at 400 and change. I used this engine for one reason only and that was hp/weight ratio...300hp and 300lbs aint bad.

Painted with Purple/metalic I had the paint made at a autobody supply. The Paint looks awesom under the sun or bright lights...I went heavy on the metalic

Thanks John for the explanation on how to attach a photo to a post. The only problem I have when taking them off the 31/2 floppy disk is that they aren't as clear. Your photos are usually real clear. What can I do to correct this problem?
Art Martin

Hi Art, I seem to be having the reverse problem, I have trouble making big files smaller. You may want to try MGI photo suite or Corel photohouse.
I was disapointed that I couldnt post your West Bend, but will look for it now.
Best Regards,
John

A Boy named Sue

Hi Art, I hope you can make it to Clearwater next year and bring your 090 and Westbend. You'll be in good hands, plus your friends will all be there including Mike, Jon and Ken.
Gypo

Rotax Robert, don't know if I'm talkin' backwards or not,
but I think Rover bought the tooling from GM for the 215
some 20 years ago. It was used in various Range Rover
vehicles until last year when they went to a BMW V8.
Could be a good source for parts (fuel injection) who knows?
Short blocks, long blocks, bare blocks. I know for a fact the Rover
v8 was an American design. Either way, extremely cool saw!

Latest posts

Back