Vermeer SC362 stump grinder advice needed on teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffyter

Reaction score
I just bought a 2017 362 grinder. The previous owner had switched over to greenteeth but went with the 900 series and not the 700 series (16 teeth). A friend of mine has a 2019 with the 700 and it cuts like a champ even in rabbit mode. I tried rabbit mode and was very careful to feather the hydraulics but it seemed like it was so much work to make it so it wasnt a bucking bronco. Very jerky. Vermeer service rep said he didnt think there was a way to adjust the hydraulic valves to slow it down a bit. My thought is that with the oversized teeth it is just grabbing super aggressively which is causing the erratic behavior. It cuts fine on turtle mode but it is half the speed of my buddies machine in the faster mode. I've had a 252 for awhile with the 6 teeth 900 setup and am thinking about going that route with the 362 since i have so many teeth for it. Can the hydraulics be adjusted to slow it down? Anyone here do the 6 of the 900 series on the 362 with good results?

I bought a two sided Greenwheel with 6 x 900 teeth for my SC352. It cuts like they said it would and also reduced fuel consumption and heat from the engine.
Probably increased cutting speed over the Vermeer teeth by about 40 percent. Very smooth cutting and no bogging down in the hole. I also removed the fuse behind the hydraulic controls to disable the auto sweep (auto sleep) and it allowed me more control over the cutting action.

Thank you for the reply. I'm going to reduce to the 6 tooth setup and see what happens. May also disable the auto sweep as well. I'll report back.

Back