Verrrrry tempting Wild Thingy on Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's prolly selling it for 25 bc he was only offered 5 or 10 at a pawn shop. Come on no one wants a piece of junk laying around let alone a broke piece of junk. I've had my share let me tell you. Put that 25 in a jar and keep filling that jar everytime you get the urge to buy something like this and before you know it you'll have enough to go buy a real chainsaw (and no I'm not saying you only have to buy Stihl, but that would be good :yoyo: )

OK lets be serious if your only gonna use it for cutting up the occasion limb or tree down across the driveway AND you are competant enough to fix it yourself or have someone who will do it for you WITHOUT costing you much or any money then yes I guess it would work for you. BUT, if you've ever used anything else (and I know I'll P/O alot of "Thingy" owners here) you will be wanting alot more than a saw you could go to the big blue store and buy. Save your money unless you can fix it for free and don't plan on using it for anything serious.

OK lets be serious if your only gonna use it for cutting up the occasion limb or tree down across the driveway AND you are competant enough to fix it yourself or have someone who will do it for you WITHOUT costing you much or any money then yes I guess it would work for you. BUT, if you've ever used anything else (and I know I'll P/O alot of "Thingy" owners here) you will be wanting alot more than a saw you could go to the big blue store and buy. Save your money unless you can fix it for free and don't plan on using it for anything serious.

Easy to move UP, not so easy the other way.... (so sad, Poulan made some FINE saws back in the day.....) ( I love my dad's 4000)

I wonder if there's any gas or bar oil in it? (clearly, this would add to the value)

I would say that the saw decreases the value of the gas and the bar oil in it. :hmm3grin2orange:

"I think it's just a piece of ####" -- classic....

I get tons of those saws in...I just part 'em out, they're just not worth the time and effort... Hey, at least the guy is honest!

Last edited:
I was going to email the guy just to thank him for the laugh but there's no email option in his ad. I've read that ad a half dozen times now & it still cracks me up.

:biggrinbounce2:

Mark

Latest posts

Back