Vintage Poulan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr427

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

This is my first post. I was given a Beaird-Poulan 201 and I can't find any info on it anywhere! It ran before being put into storage and from the looks of it, it shall run again! It is really quite clean. Can anybody suggest where I could find some info about it? I am guessing it was manufactured in the early '70's. I have taken off most components inspected and cleaned them up as needed. I will try and start it later this week as time permits. The serial is 155876 if that is of any help. The only ID is Poulan 201 Auto Oil and the serial # on a seperate badge.

Thanks,

David

hello, the poulan 201 was made from 1968 to 1977. it is 3.6 cubic inch, or 59cc's. not sure about the beaird-poulan, never seen one.

It is a Poulan, but just had in smaller print Beaird-Poulan Shreveport, LA. Didn't know what all was needed to identify it. Thank you very much for the info and so quickly!

Would this have any collector value to it?

David

Last edited:
I don't think there is much of a collector market for this vintage Poulan, If you get the saw running put it to work and use it. I was told by a collector that the current department store Poulans have sorta killed the demand for older ones. A similar thing happened when Mongoose bycycles showed up in Wal-mart.

Latest posts

Back