Wallenstein FX120 worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windyhill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a Wallenstein FX120 for $3600 locally. It's a 2014 model and looks to be lightly used. Is this a good used price? Hows the resale value on it etc. Is this price good? I can get a new one with a warranty and two chokers for 4400 plus tax. I have a 80 HP 4x4 Kubota Real world opinions from those who have run them, is it better to just find good used skidder that was built for logging or are these pretty handy? I have about 100 Acres available to maintain. Thanks for the help in advance.

I bought a new FX-120 last year and paid $4600 with 3 chains and shipping. I am just a firewooder and sell about 20 cord a year and burn another 12 cord myself. It doesn't compare to the JD 540B I had before but it does a nice job. I use a 68 horse Deutz 4x4 so I think your 80 horse Kubota would give it a good workout. I have had no problems, it seems like a good unit.

Thanks for the reply, that's about exactly what I do. I'd like to sell 20 cords or so but its not very efficient currently getting the trees out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I pulled the trigger on the FX120! Got it setup today, clutch was a little tight so it wouldn't disengage.:eek: A little exciting but I got it set now. Also had to rebuild my drive shaft as previous owner had cut it to short. Can't wait to try this thing for real!

Latest posts

Back