Weed Whacker hedge trimmer/powers scythe attachment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDMiller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'll try this in this homeowner forum

Do the Weed Whacker hedge trimmer/powers scythe attachment work good for ground work , heavy tall weed, ground cover and root sprouts ? ? ?

My Husqvarna and Echo weed whacker just cant handle this thick tall stuff, it kills them and progress is slow as hell, and long tall stems rap around the string head and stall the weed whacker, Sucks.

Also its a pretty steep slope to a creek bottom and a my push mower and JD lawn tractor cant be used. Rocks are envolved too :eek:

shopping

Oh I have a 31 cc Husqvarna and also a 24 cc Echo weed wacker .
Can you recommend a good hedgetimmer type attachment brand if they work good.

I've used the same style hand held trimmer on the long grass down our drive... hard on the back or the knees but cut ok.
I'd try one of the metal tri-blades on your husky first, thats what I ended up finding most effective.

Hi JDMiller,
I think we are / were looking for the same thing, a small hedge trimmer "head" for our existing string trimmers.

For reference, take a look at my post from earlier this year -
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/clearing-weeds-and-light-brush.371679/

I never did find what I was looking for, and as J D mentioned, ended up using a hand held battery operated hedge trimmer and it worked quite well (but a bit hard on the back).

Latest posts

Back