whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Make sure you're checking oil daily. And it's 3k for a new mill btw. Don't ask me how I know :)

azaganah.jpg

Just an oak.

Yeah, I like that tractor!

I have been destroying lawns with this MT-55, its got brand new tracks on it, I drive it like I play Pac-Man then throw down a little grass seed and say, " sorry about the mess".

Working the zip line today from the bottom as I actually had a decent climber for a change. It was his immediate idea to zip it as I was going to take out a fence panel and jam the chipper down in there and have him blow it out, maybe pull and lower some to the ground.

Hey! I am not above listening. The guy told me most people always seem to have a major breakdown at the mention of a zip line.

He bombed the wood but I was ass and elbows on the line and chipper with nary a problem except I kept sucking down soda from the clients fridge and then we went to an all you can eat buffet where they have goat stew but I didn't have any goat and then we started to get really ****ing cold because we were soaking ****ing wet in the A/C and had to wait while the guy went to get change for a 100 so we left 2 dollars and a **** load of sawdust for a tip and then went back to cut the broken hanger off the fence but it fell right over the fence cause its full of vines so I left it there for the loader and went home to find my maid getting stoned and rearranging the furniture so I took a hit and went to sit in the pick-up line.

I got there just in time to get under the tree for shade, I was a few car lengths back and was listening to Me and My Uncle kinda loud when I realized someone was honking at me from behind, they wanted to me to pull up but I wasn't going to because we still had 30 minutes to sit there so then after awhile she got the idea and then school let out and I took my kid to gym then went back to work.

Dude you were lied to my mini seriously has like 2500/3000 hours on it , it's smokes a lot when it firsts strarts an pisses and pops a bit but it's a true runner
I'm not in anyway saying that is the case for every Kohler put in those machines, but it does have truth to it.
Bandit 65 run the same motors, and they are known to fail over 1k too

Think about this. Hours to miles conversions is roughly each hour times 60 equals miles. Now, your 3k hour machine has roughly 180k miles on it, and that's a **** ton for a primitive gasoline combustion motor.

Yea if you put 1000hrs at top idle ... I mean keep the oil clean and filters changed and I don't see why you'd have any issues , what happened to yours ? Melt a ring or crack the head ? I have pulled plugs that are so caked with oil and carbon you couldn't even see the tips .. And it was still running , I found some sweet little 3 cylinder yanmar engines at a junk yard , that's what you need

Had low comp in one cylinder. I actually haven't talked to them since I dropped it off. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

Scag and exmark used those 25 hp Kohler engines in there mowers for years. I have seen some with 4000-5000 hrs on them.

Yeah,
Didn't you tell me one of yours is starting to pass oil?
Anyway, tree work with a dingo and bmg is a sit ton different than drilling post holes and grading. My machine it cocked to the side, up ended, up hill down hill and just about every other position you could dream of on a regular basis. I think the application certainly matters as far as engine life is concerned. Plus, the dealer I go to, Richie and clapper in Sudbury MA deals with these things on a regular basis. The shop manager himself told me that I was lucky to see 14xx hours, very common for them to go. Hey, we can argue till the cows come home. I'm putting a new motor in mine, and you guys seem to have bullet proof mills in yours. Btw, that's an act of god as far as I'm concerned getting 4-5k hours on a gas job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that many hours is extremely lucky but it can be done. Mowers get onto some pretty steep hills. Idk. I
My one mower is down right now waiting on a new head. Something happened with a valve and it was stuck open causing blowback out the carb. It's a vertical shaft kawasaki engine. New heard anything good about the vertical shafts

There is a ton of chatter in the internet on kholer motors consuming massive amounts of oil, blowing head gaskets and what not. I think you guys got lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idk. I have had alot of Kohler engines over the years with only one problem. One had a scored cylinder with 200 hrs on it. They replaced the engine under warranty.

Latest posts

Back