What is involved?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't think I have ever posted in this forum... but there has got to be a first time for everything I guess? Anyways. I was wondering how much it would cost and involve to hop up an 020T? Who is the preferred hop up person / company? What do they do? How long does it take?

dont know ,but itmabe that the 020t is
maxed out performance wise. unless u want to add weight. plus u dont want anything hanging in the limbs. exhaust pipe etc. just a guess ,as the fellas apparently dont do this one much

John...lol..good call...

But seriously, as far as a chainsaw cylinder goes..I have yet to see one to date that couldnt benefit from some work..even your best stock saws out there still need work on the cylinder...

I have never been inside an 020T, but I guarantee it can be built better...as far as the finger ports go, they can still be done better...you will never add weight to the saw by modifying, unless you consider the weight of the small exhaust pipes, then the amount we take out of the cylinder...we are prolly gaining a couple ounces...nothing one would notice at the end of the day though...and if you build a stock appearing muffler, like I did on the 335Cali special, then there are no weight gains...

Treeman...email me if you are interested in looking at your 020

[email protected]

Back