What model Stihl is this??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z4lunch

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Steve here... I will try to load these pics I got off one of Stihls web sites. I couldn't pull the pic off I wanted because it keeps scrolling through about a half dozen saws. Can any of you guys
tell me what model the big saw with the long bar is. It looks old and also looks to have a horizontal cylinder. It has the big metal top cover.
Thanks, Steve

It's an animated GIF sequenced file with 10 different saws shown. I think it would make a dandy Avatar, if compressed a little. I've extracted what I believe is the saw in question as a single picture. If it isn't, let me know.

Gentlemen:
I believe that the saw is a 1983 051 AVE. These saws had the chain brake as an option.
I hope this helps.

Steve, the 075 is an excellent heavy old lug of a saw. But that saw on ebay is pretty beat up! Looks like someone ran it hard for a long time till it wouldn't run any more.
Josh

So Lambert, do you give a room and a bed for all of your tired old
Stihls? What about the Huskies? Sell them on e-bay?
Stack them out back?

And the survey says,Tonemans right and specific
greenchainsaw.gif

The first bulky square framed Stihl is as, stated an 051 AVE, One of which I own and used befor i joined the army. The second large square framed Shihl is not an 075, but rather a very similar saw, know as the 076 AVEQ Super, one of which I also regularly used once.

Ford clevo

Latest posts

Back