what the he** happend to my Piston ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
........just a joke.
I bought this saw from a eBayer in Germany. I bought bar oil from him and he mailed me up, if i want that saw. 036 , 3 Jears old, dirty but good condition, except the Piston, all for aprox 50$.
I am relative new in the chainsaw repair buisines, but this piston impressed me. The metal intake hose clamp has slipped of. I think it was too much air-leaking for the engine.
C.
sry it isnt sharp....
piston.jpg

Seems like Stihl got some bad hose clamps somewhere. The clamp on my 026 intake boot is stripped, got another on order for $4. The crew I worked with today had the same problem with their 026.
Any of you guys that work on a lot of Stihls seeing this often? Stihltech?

clamp

No. I have had no problem with clamps. Is it the one with a stop on the screw? Possible it is getting overtightened by someone. It only needs to squeeze the boot enough to keep the boot groove in the cylinder groove. How new are they? Wondering if the factory has a problem that has been caught or I just haven't ran into it yet.

I bought mine earlier this year (March?) from another ArboristSite member. He said it was a year old or more, but only had a few tanks of fuel through it. The other one I know of is almost a year old.

mine is not overtightend, jut slipped off with all the oily "circumstances".
But don´t know, it wasn´t mine from the start. Maybe the old owner screwed around ....
C.

Back