What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, never saw one in person yet. I restored a 150hp inline 6 cylinder Mercury outboard last year and I enjoyed working on it. It was a torque monster, I was the only guy around that would work on it. Customer was stoked when it was done.

Just an update on the Stihl 044 that I was working on in the past, seems like the issue was definitely the low jet as the saw hasn't had issues since once it warms up. It will still flood out a little if its cold and set down after a cut but warmed up it runs like a top. Still running it on the rich side until the rings seat but after 4-5 tanks its feeling mighty strong! I think I need a bigger saw to know what lots of compression is though because this is pulling about 185psi and I can hardly tell that it has compression lol, just a big guy I guess.

Just an update on the Stihl 044 that I was working on in the past, seems like the issue was definitely the low jet as the saw hasn't had issues since once it warms up. It will still flood out a little if its cold and set down after a cut but warmed up it runs like a top. Still running it on the rich side until the rings seat but after 4-5 tanks its feeling mighty strong! I think I need a bigger saw to know what lots of compression is though because this is pulling about 185psi and I can hardly tell that it has compression lol, just a big guy I guess.
nice, one of my favorite saws.

Back