White Oak Tree Borer Is it to late?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCleaner69

Reaction score
I have a white oak & just noticed it has damage. Is there anything that can be done or does it need to be cut down? The tree still blooms & has been growing new little branches but I'm concerned since it over 100ft tall & can reach my house.

Attachments

• DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
I came across one of those. Also white oak. Suckers popping out all around it. Green leaves on them… some of the branches healthy with nice new growth etc but enough of the tree was dead inside that it came down on its own. This is how the story ended…

1727136057212.png

So despite the healthy parts given how low on the trunk that damage is from what I’m seeing there is no saving it. At some point that tree is coming down all on its own.

If it’s close to anything you don’t want destroyed you might consider getting in front of that, you know?

Good luck, fella. White oak is some gnarly stuff…

I have a white oak & just noticed it has damage. Is there anything that can be done or does it need to be cut down? The tree still blooms & has been growing new little branches but I'm concerned since it over 100ft tall & can reach my house.
If it were in my yard within striking distance of my house, I would have a professional take it down.
And I'm a treehugger.

Latest posts

Back