Which Carb in New 562XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Bunions

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've learned my lesson about chasing parts, so I'm writing a file for every piece of power equipment I have, including OEM and manufacturer numbers for carbs and carb kits.

I see the Husky 562XP has been through more than one carb. Does anyone know which carb is in this year's saws?

I believe there were actually 5 carb and at least as many coils. These were to improve performance, acceleration, starting. Most of that stuff is mix and match, as long as each carb is programed for whatever coil is in the saw. The exception are the original components; el44 carb and coil. Those first gen parts operate at 14mhz, while the rest of them are at 8mhz. They can't talk to each other because they are incompatible. It is easy to identify them as that carb does not have the second plug for the auto tune tool. The new mark 2's have a bit more power, they are lighter, easier on fuel and have autotune 3. This is why it is a good idea to use your serial number to order parts from a dealer.

It looks like the latest is C1M-EL48. The diaphragm kit is GND-105, and the full rebuild kit is RB-181. Could be wrong.

I don't know enough about your saw to say for sure, sometimes you buy a "new" saw but its been sitting on the shelf for a while or its been sitting in the back of the store, its new but not really always the case. They update them fairly often based on customer feedback, sometimes they get a bad batch of parts from a supplier and you get a lemon, that is what the warranty is for.

I ordered the kit. It's better to have it and try it than to give up and run to the dealer and lose 10 or more days. If it doesn't work, I can still go to the dealer.

I wouldnt worry about it at all.
There's a ton of 10 year old 562's still running good without ever being even worked on let alone needing carb kits.
You seam to have carb issues with every saw you own, no offense but it's clearly something you are doing and not the saws.

Latest posts

Back