Echo DCS-2500T mini review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esean

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recently picked up Echo's battery equivalent of their CS-2511T, which I also have. I've run through about 8 battery charge cycles so far. Weight is about the same as the loaded 2511T. Both have 12" bars with 3/8lp chain. They share the same mount so I can swap bars. Cutting speed is comparable yet power application is different. The 2500T will stall easily if you lean on it, but if you let the chain feed itself it cuts as fast as the 2511T, maybe faster on small stuff. In other words, it seems to have less torque but higher chain speed. A battery charge lasts at least as long as a tank of gas. I haven't done timed cuts or anything, these are just my impressions from using both saws in similar applications. In all, I'm pretty happy with it.

What is the nominal voltage and the amp hours or watt hours of the battery? I am not believing the last as long as a tank of gas. At least not for something like staying in one place cutting cookies. Maybe small limbs the ice one having to rev up many times could make it like you say. Echo doesn't but others put a grams of fuel per kwh put to the drive sprocket in their USA specifications. I would say 400 to 500 grams of fuel to do a kilowatt hour of work is about average for modern stuff.

Sorry, just checked the forum. Its a 56 volt 2.5 aH battery. I didn't time it or anything, its just my general impression after using it a while, but I think others have reported similar results. I agree that long drawn out cuts might drain it faster than shorter cuts. I had no problem dropping a few 10" sugar maples and 8" hickory and red oak, but I'd use something bigger if bucking a lot of wood that size.

Latest posts

Back