just picked up a old mac 440 2 man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragrcr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got this from a customer of mine not sure of condition as I'm still in the work truck... Any info and rareness of this saw is appreciated

Got this from a customer of mine not sure of condition as I'm still in the work truck... Any info and rareness of this saw is appreciated

There is a Mac 940 two man saw but no 440 two man.

As Cliff mentioned there us no 44o 2 man. I believe they did make a 440 one man saw. The 940 2 man was the last 2 man Mac made. I believe it used the same engine as a 790/795. I thought I had 2 of them bought but they guy got greedy and sold them on ebay.

Bill

hummm, maybe this isnt a chainsaw:(
says Mccullogh 440 right on the air filter and has a big handle, will go get pics if you guys want.

I think you have a 440 with a helper handle. That is not a 2 man saw.

Here is a pic of a 440

Bill

most deffinantly a 2 man saw, no doubt, i think the air filter cover he gave me is off another saw, i dosnt fit, pics uploading, will need someone to embed them as i cant figure it out.

here you go......someone teach me how to embed them please!

here you go......someone teach me how to embed them please!

Take the direct link, and put the IMG tags around it with the insert image button (looks like a mountain postcard, above the reply box.)

attachment.php

Quote me to see the direct IMG link.

ahh sweet thanks
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and this was laying there to so i snached it up for some sick reason

attachment.php

looks like a whole lot of redneckery going on there. I think they took a fan housing off a smaller mac, and tried to bolt it on to the 2-man. You will need to wait for the MAC experts to ID that 940/12-25 thing. I know nothing about MAC 2-man saws.

the fan is off the 91, just threw it in the pic. the 2 man was all by itself.

well i have a nice AF cover for a 440 if someone needs it.

that really looks like it, are the parts rare, or is this thing a junker?

Parts will be hard to find but not impossible. Does the engine turn and
have compression?

not yet, but unsure why yet, probably not gonna fix this one, but maybe can get a few bucks for some of the parts to fund another saw, im wanting a 024 ish size saw.

Back