ATTENTION All STIHL DEALERS.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Stihl dealer along with two other local Stihl dealers were burglarized earlier this week. Over $20,000 worth of new Stihl equipment was taken from my dealer alone. Every single piece of new Stihl equipment was taken -a few boxes hidden under a desk. Obviously an investigation is in the preliminary stages, however It looks to be somewone from out of state, possibly one or more delivery truck drivers. They knew where to go and what to take. They also appear to have no fear, as they cut a hole in the side of one of the locations to get inside.:jawdrop:

So if you own a dealership or work at a dealership, make sure to keep things secure. My dealer Don Dewar jokingly said he's sleeping in the basement with a shotgun from now on lol.

Also be on the lookout for new ITB Stihl equipment of all kinds, often without any accessories like chainsaw bars, chains, trimmer blades and so on.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Andre.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.. I will call mine in the morning.(East side of Cincy.) They will probably rob it tonight though being that I just dropped off my 660
there this afternoon.

If anyone was following my 660 fixer upper, I took it there today and he checked and said it definitely had an air leak somewhere and that he would find it.

i have a good friend there,talked to him today and he mentioned nothing of this. too much iron for pawn shops,keep an eye on ebay. i caught a guy trying to sell 4 HOT echos' on there last week.

i have a good friend there,talked to him today and he mentioned nothing of this. too much iron for pawn shops,keep an eye on ebay. i caught a guy trying to sell 4 HOT echos' on there last week.

Who cares about ECHOs, when did those things get worth anything??????

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry, just couldn't resist......:help:

my brother just picked up a couple of cs600's,they run with a 361/362 all day long.real nice saw.

Hopefully the dealers involved turned in all the serial numbers immediately to their respective regional distribution centers so that equipment will in the pipeline as "stolen."

Yes, e-bay, craigslist, nickel ads- we should be watching all of those.

Thanks for the heads up.. I will call mine in the morning.(East side of Cincy.) They will probably rob it tonight though being that I just dropped off my 660
there this afternoon.

If anyone was following my 660 fixer upper, I took it there today and he checked and said it definitely had an air leak somewhere and that he would find it.

Well the good news is they only took new equipment, they left all the repairs and used equipment. Anything in a box with Stihl written on it was taken, along with the displays. They even took some bar oil, oddly the left the 2 cycle oil.

Willis sorry to hear about your saw, if I can help you out in any way just let me know

if the got away with that much stuff,with that many people involved,there is a good chance two things will happen. all the stuff is being stored/and will be found in one location. someone will brag, or talk about it, and get them all caught.

As I mentioned yesterday, tree companies around here have been getting hit daily. Have one company that has been hit 5 times in 2 months. Another that was hit 4 times in 3 months. Both of them for over 10K each shot. Another local that was hit for 20K on Sunday night, they came back and hit him again on Thursday night. Seeing it from the Jersey Shore all the way out to Pittsburgh area. One of the local saw shops was hit late last fall.

We were hit for a large number of saws little over a year ago. Thats when I started chasing C/L hard. Had guys posting saws (sitting on top of the Stihl Boxes...dead give away) at 50% or less of retail. Couldn't near one of those saws over a few months. One such add a 460 and 660, no bars, sitting on top of their Stihl boxes for $500 for the pair.

Getting real fugly around here lately.

Wow, doubt they will get up here but good to know. Sounds like someone who delivered to all of them, or inside job.... conspiracy.

my brother just picked up a couple of cs600's,they run with a 361/362 all day long.real nice saw.

You being civil and adding value to the thread. Not sure why You called us all fags?

wow, doubt they will get up here but good to know. Sounds like someone who delivered to all of them, or inside job.... Conspiracy.

You being civil and adding value to the thread. Not sure why you called us all fags?
are we gonna argue,or talk about stolen saws?

Latest posts

Back