ATTENTION All STIHL DEALERS.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honest thieves

I hold such disgust for those whose only work is taking from those who earn a living honestly. Recently purchased alot of chain to install in saw boxes on the trucks. My employees mentioned that will stop anyone from taking OUR saws. LOL I then told them that a chain and lock will only stop a honest thief from stealing. Most tree service trucks I have seen hit only have the saw boxes hit, as most setups are the same. Usually inside job or a recently released or disgruntled employee. Thankfully those with saws in for repair aren't on the list of those who were robbed.

I hold such disgust for those whose only work is taking from those who earn a living honestly. Recently purchased alot of chain to install in saw boxes on the trucks. My employees mentioned that will stop anyone from taking OUR saws. LOL I then told them that a chain and lock will only stop a honest thief from stealing. Most tree service trucks I have seen hit only have the saw boxes hit, as most setups are the same. Usually inside job or a recently released or disgruntled employee. Thankfully those with saws in for repair aren't on the list of those who were robbed.

How would the dealer insurance cover it? Take the dealers word on what it was worth or a new saw?

they have massive lists on what stuff is worth; but none of it is anywhere near the value.

I was saying if my saw was in there for repair and it got stolen, how would they handle it?

Maybe that's what your saying?

I was saying if my saw was in there for repair and it got stolen, how would they handle it?

Maybe that's what your saying?

That could be a really tough area to deal with. Was it grandpa's 361 he bought new and cut down the one dead apple tree with that now needs a tune up,or was it my 361 that the skidder operator set down and ran over because it locked up earlier that morning? New saw would be hard to justify returning to the customer in one of those cases for sure. Not too sure but aren't most businesses covered under the "not responsible for damage or loss due to fire, flood, theft......etc"?:monkey:

That could be a really tough area to deal with. Was it grandpa's 361 he bought new and cut down the one dead apple tree with that now needs a tune up,or was it my 361 that the skidder operator set down and ran over because it locked up earlier that morning? New saw would be hard to justify returning to the customer in one of those cases for sure. Not too sure but aren't most businesses covered under the "not responsible for damage or loss due to fire, flood, theft......etc"?:monkey:
i would think most dealers would value thier customers enough,that they would take care of them. but i could be wrong? i think my dealers would.

the dealer who this thread is about is my dealer as well. I was in there before work today to pick up some small stuff. I gotta go back in ( i told him I needed 66 drive links turn out I need 68) and when I do, I'll ask him how his unsurance will handle his customers saws. If the insurance doesn't take care of them, I'm sure he will make it right. He's a great dealer.

the dealer who this thread is about is my dealer as well. I was in there before work today to pick up some small stuff. I gotta go back in ( i told him I needed 66 drive links turn out I need 68) and when I do, I'll ask him how his unsurance will handle his customers saws. If the insurance doesn't take care of them, I'm sure he will make it right. He's a great dealer.
he is a stihl dealer,he has to be!!!!!! lol

Latest posts

Back