Competition keeps flagging my CL ad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohiowoodguy

Ohiowoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
:censored: I am 99% sure I know who (Ken), but don't wanna confront him. My ad doesn't violate any CL rules, and I get very few calls off it, but it annoys me that some hack wants to interfere with my business.:bang:

Last edited:
svon89

svon89

ArboristSite Operative
Got kids? Pay them a small amount and have them repost every time it gets flagged. At the very least it will waste some of the flagger's time.

Lots of ways to get them back. Remember that computer ip adresses can be traced. HideMyIP works to make it tougher. Hotmail account, hide my ip, maybe a laptop that you got off CL and Mcdonalds wifi........

Remember they might be having a seasoned firewood sale that is first come first serve.... Have to move large amount of firewood, property repossessed, $65/cord seasoned. Must pickup xxxx st, xxxtown,

Never would I do something like that, nor would I condone it. I have a really long temper, takes me a long time to blow but when I do lookout.

GoRving
G

GoRving

Send him on a wild goose chase. Get a message to him that you inherited a few high-dollar saws, but he has to come meet you somewhere. Then don't show up.:laugh:

banshee67

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
:censored: I am 99% sure I know who (Ken), but don't wanna confront him. My ad doesn't violate any CL rules, and I get very few calls off it, but it annoys me that some hack wants to interfere with my business.:bang:

if you are somehow 99% sure you know who is flagging it... confront the guy, if not in person, send him an email or whatever... people dont like confrontation

Mr. Firewood

Mr. Firewood

ArboristSite Operative
changing teeth on the firewood processor in Toledo
some guy stole my pics and used them last year and kept his price $5 lower then mine so he would get calls, I had a friend call him saying he wanted to pickup a rick of wood and got his address, I backed my dumptruck right in the middle of the driveway and dumped off 25 tons of broken up concrete and asphalt, guy came out screaming.... I was laughing, I told him thats what he gets for screwing around with me and my wood and drove away:biggrinbounce2:

Ductape

Ductape

Addicted to ArboristSite
some guy stole my pics and used them last year and kept his price $5 lower then mine so he would get calls, I had a friend call him saying he wanted to pickup a rick of wood and got his address, I backed my dumptruck right in the middle of the middle of the driveway and dumped off 25 tons of broken up concrete and asphalt, guy came out screaming.... I was laughing, I told him thats what he gets for screwing around with me and my wood and drove away:biggrinbounce2:

Awesome !! :bowdown::bowdown:

jhoff310

jhoff310

ArboristSite Guru
some guy stole my pics and used them last year and kept his price $5 lower then mine so he would get calls, I had a friend call him saying he wanted to pickup a rick of wood and got his address, I backed my dumptruck right in the middle of the driveway and dumped off 25 tons of broken up concrete and asphalt, guy came out screaming.... I was laughing, I told him thats what he gets for screwing around with me and my wood and drove away:biggrinbounce2:

I had heard about that thru the grapevine and thought it was a line of BS. I guess they were telling me the truth.

Windwalker7

Windwalker7

ArboristSite Guru

I like it! :laugh: :ices_rofl:

treemandan

treemandan

Tree Freak
I think the main reason for flagging is over posting and someone with a attitude could just be on a tear for that kind of stuff or you may have inadvertantly over posted.
My thinking is to remain vague and switch ad content frequently. If you leave a number its good to have two. I don't leave my number and that might make people not want to contact me but its all a little nuts on there. Be vauge but honest. I give my info at the time of sale.

Walt41

Walt41

Addicted to ArboristSite
Best revenge I ever heard and would never do.

A guy I worked with (kind of a jerk) had a beef with another guy over a truck he sold him(clocked odometer) things went back and forth for a couple of weeks and the buyer finally conned one of the girls to call the sellers wife and tell her about an imaginary affair the two were having and told the wife she was pregnant and wanted to let her know...guys wife packed up his clothes and dropped them off at his office, things got heated to the point police were called.

God of ArboristSite
hate to pop your bubble... but that's not how craigslist works.

no one or two persons can take down an add. it takes a LOT of different people flagging to take down an add.

CL will not disclose how it decides to flag. repeat offenders gets a shorter rein.

over posting will do it... posting in wrong section will do it... being obnoxious will do it ... keep on reposting after being flagged will do no good.

you will only piss off further all the folks who are flagging.
best thing to do is give it a rest... nicely ask what is wrong with your ad in craigslist help forums.

if you stay off of everyone's radar... your ad will stay and you will get the calls you want.

Latest posts