Anyone try the new Komet Hooks?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just ordered a set today from the supplier we get all our gear from.

They look alot like the Geckos, with differences of course. I couldnt find any info on Komets site last week, unless it is updated now.

The retail is in the $350-$400 range.

Ill have mine Wednesday, Ill post pics if noone has done so then.

Yes they do, I climb with Buckingham straight shank 3'', aluminum pads. Those things look pretty light, I wonder how tough they are.

I'm climbing on Gecko's and Buckingham's....Not at the same time of course!!...I love my Gecko's..I might have to try those.

Got them in today. They are comfy. I only ran up and down an old tree a couple of times real quick, I will have to do some real climbing to form a solid opinion on them.

The only downside is the pads are HUGE!! Much like the Geckos, and I am worried they might be hot.

The Geckos I used were fully broken in so they may have been more comfy than these...............

I wish ohter peopel, maybe you Europeans, could tell me more about these spikes.

I'm sorry but I am not particurly found of geckos or the looks of them.If the work for you great but I will stick with buckinham steel spikes.

Back