362 owners..step into my office

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got one on the bench, 6 months old, says 1st start of the day can take 15 minutes. Once running...runs great. I pushed the lever down, pulled 4 times..nothing. choke off..pulled 20 times..nothing. plug was soaked. New plug in..held throttle open...10 pulls and it sprayed gas out the muffler and ran really nice.

I let it set up 6 hours, went out..pulled 2x on choke, I thought I heard a stumble but it was subtle. Choke off..2 pulls and it ran.

Is the kick on choke that soft...is it that easy to miss?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

My non-moronic floods easily, so I pull it a couple of times choke off. Occasionally it kicks right off. If not, I choke it, pull it once or twice. It usually pops on the first one. Choke off, vroom, vroom.

If I do it right, the saw starts very easily. Occasionally I mess it up by not giving it a chance to start with the choke off.

I let it sit all day, set choke then back to high idle. Kicked first pull...running on 2nd.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

how clean is the magneto thingy or did it start working normally again?

Last seen 2022.

I wish this site would archive six month and older threads. I’ve been guilty of answering an old thread when they show up at the bottom.

Both the 361 and 362 flood easily as I have read here and experienced myself. Frustrating to say the least. I'm going to install a new carb in my 361 and see if that solves it. I bought the saw new in 2008. If it does, I will report back. Other than this, I really do like my 361.

Back