Best fallin wedges?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have to really lift a tree , you will need a couple few wedges in the back cut ... Don,t just put one in and beat the hell out of it till it breaks ... When your ax starts bouncing back at you , thats as much as you ought to beat that wedge .......
. exactly what kind of ax are you guys using for wedging ??. Get a 5 lb rafting ax from Bailey's or Madsen's or Wood's ect ......

I've got a 3.5 and 5 lber with straight handles. Frozen hardwood can be a b$tch to move and unless you've got the backcut open well enough it is tough to double stack sometimes. The wood has no give at all. I'm not pounding any harder than necessary, but sometimes I've got some pretty ugly stuff to move. I guess I haven't changed from my warmer weather falling tactics until lately. I've been using deeper faces and the 5lber. Seems to be working out a lot easier. Wedges are too damn expensive around here to be killing them all the time! ha. ha.

Latest posts

Back