Does wife/signficant other influence saw purchases?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does the wife/significant other influence saw purchases

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You need another category,"My wife doesn't care what I spend."

This is the choice I needed. The wife said that this is the one we need. I do tell her so she doesn't leave my new toy on the porch for a week.

I wish I could have taken a picture of my wife's face when she heard me say I have saws that cost over 1K. She couldn't imagine it.

She said you have saws that cost you over 1K with a face and expression of utter disbelief.

So any influence from her would be on the negative side of buying.

I did tell here that they are what I use for flush cutting stumps and taking down the bogger trees with my stump grinding business and tree service.

I still don't think she gets it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet if she showed you a long arm quilt machine that is $24k you would have the same look:dizzy:

We discuss every purchase before hand but set aside spending each week for each of us. My saws or lack there of :laugh: comes out of my spending that I set aside weekly. :chainsaw:

#2 No,because I don't tell her.It's business period,not a shopping experience.If I had to ask her about every purchase or sale nothing would ever move and no money out side of the regular jobs money would ever be generated.

Nope, I cut the wood, this is my gig. If she ever wants to cut the wood, she can make the decisions on what saws to have. I have spent less on saws than most guys spend on brewski, and I don't drink, so...

And after I got robbed back in october, I just mentioned I would be replacing by class size and quality what was stolen, the serious working stable, and I have been doing so as the deal or swap or fix a junker opportunity arises.

My wife has only commented a couple of times about my saws. She does expect firewood to be next to the wood burner and the house hot on cold days. If there is a tree blocking the driveway she wants it gone,now. When she saw the MS 200T she asked why did I buy that little toy saw? When she heard the Mac 1-86 fire up, she knew that I had a new saw. She hasn't noticed the ten core 044/440/460's that came in last week. The USC coming next week is from Santa and the take out dish washer should be working in a couple of weeks. Merry Christmas

Sorry, we do not fit your list,
My wife has bought about half our saws. (most were from a weekly auction she use to go to for a couple of years). She was collecting before we met 15 years ago!

Chainsaws are about the same cost as Lucchese Boots. She really doesn't care.
Now if I go looking at a boat, she know's I'm up to something. She will play along for a day or two, then come out and simply ask, OK what gun do you want now.

I am blessed.

I'm full time trees and wifey understands tools mean work, she asked once why I needed so many(I've only got 6 of my own), once I showed her they're all different sizes she understood, she knows I research and get the best for the cheapest I can. She also works admin in the local council arb office, she was surprised about the excitement in the office when she told the boys what I've got. I bought her an $1,800 miele dishwasher to keep her happy and none of my saws cost that much. If I want a new saw and can justify it to myself then wifey is no problem

Well, I choose the saw (usually on e-bay) and then she makes sure I don't get carried away and pay too much for it. That works for me. I've saved a bundle by listening to her bidding advice. Once I lost the bid on a saw that I really wanted. The next week another one almost identical took its place on the market and I got it for 20% less. I treated her to dinner out using the money that I had saved by listening to her.

The outside purchases like saws , generators , trailers, bikes , 4 wheelers I dont even tell her about because she dont care . Works out great !!!!

I chose no, because I don't tell her, but that doesn't make me a liar. I've never told my wife when I bought a tool, nor have I asked her permission before purchasing one. Tool (on AS, that's chainsaw) related items don't come out of the family funds. She'd die if she saw every Snap-On/MATCO/HUSQVARNA receipt from the last 15 years... Thankfully every tool has paid for itself many times over in the form of money and/or my personal safety. It's a good system in my opinion :)... She used to despise anything that had to do with chainsaws but she's slowly coming around!

If I see a saw I want I can usually get it. My wife Sarah knows and runs almost all of my saws and she also has 3 of her own (all ported). She lets me buy the things I want like saws and trucks and guns and I let her buy the stuff she likes like food and laundry soap and vacuum cleaner bags....shhh she's coming!!!

My wife has never asked or said a word. I have a few interests that generate enough "mad money" that I can buy virtually anything within reason without using household funds.

If I see a saw I want I can usually get it. My wife Sarah knows and runs almost all of my saws and she also has 3 of her own (all ported). She lets me buy the things I want like saws and trucks and guns and I let her buy the stuff she likes like food and laundry soap and vacuum cleaner bags....shhh she's coming!!!
That comment's gonna cost you a new ported 562.

Sent with my calico cat

I would have to say the wife likes the saws as much as me. I don't know if she has ever even run one. I don't have anywhere near the saws some of you have, but my saws keep us warm by filling the owb. Not only that, but the full saw, woodcutting, and heating budget is funded by side jobs. Over the last 8 years the propane man has made very few deliveries. He stops to visit quite frequently, as he's a personal friend, but rarely does the hose get pulled. Haven't bought any in nearly two years. When the saws are saving buying $4000 worth of propane each year, she has no problem when she hears that I am thinking of a chainsaw purchase. Oh yeah, and when I'm using them, I'm not around here driving her nuts.

Latest posts

Back