Echo 7310 is really cold blooded

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve got an echo 7310 with about 12 tanks through it. It runs okay when it’s warm (It still doesn’t feel as strong as it should) but it spits and sputters through its first few cuts when it’s cold and I can’t seem to tune that out of it. It’s pretty annoying. My stihl 044 and dolmar 7900 don’t have that issue. Has anyone else noticed this with the 7310 and do I have any options to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a non stratified saw, non-electronic, its probably tuned lean and comes into efficiency as ir all warms up. Id back the H needle out a tiny bit and see if it responds.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Have you removed the limiters for full adjustment? My 7310 was really rich from the factory, and to clean it up required removing the limiters.. That said I'm not a fan of the carb that comes on these saws they're a little goofy and I plan on finding a better one that will hook up.

Here's a video on carb tuning, maybe it will help.

Have you removed the limiters for full adjustment? My 7310 was really rich from the factory, and to clean it up required removing the limiters.. That said I'm not a fan of the carb that comes on these saws they're a little goofy and I plan on finding a better one that will hook up.

Here's a video on carb tuning, maybe it will help.
What is this issue you speak of? On Your video it seemed pretty good.

Bit of a stumble going full-throttle, so far I haven't been able to tune it out, although the more run the saw the better it seems to get. The saw may just be really tight and when it fully loosens up that will go away, I've had that happen with a couple other saws.

Have yo removed the limiter caps, if not you have to.. Sounds lean on the low for sure, and if the high is lean also it will be doggy, no torque. Steve

I haven’t removed the caps. That’s exactly how it’s acting for the first 60seconds of cutting every time it’s cold.

I read that it’s tough to get those caps off.

Just plastic caps. Wood screw a couple turns in and then pull out screw with needle nose. Done.
Not on the 7310 different setup. You just align the needles them with the slots on limiters and pull them out with needle-nose pliers, it takes some force to pull them. The needles are sliced in half BTW, makes getting a driver on them a pita.

I’ll pull the caps off and retune it. None of my saws before this one have had the limiter caps and i was assuming the caps kept the saw within the optimum tuning.

I’ll pull the caps off and retune it. None of my saws before this one have had the limiter caps and i was assuming the caps kept the saw within the optimum tuning.
How long do you let the saw warm up for on a cold start?

this helped me. used a tiny wood screw to pull the caps. ended up not putting them back on.

Attachments

• NEW ECHO NA_Carb Adj Man_071619.pdf
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back