firewood processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennis d

Reaction score
New to the business. I understand there is a machine that, when fed logs, will cut them to legnth and split them without having to handle twice. I would be greatful if someone could direct me to a manufacturer. I would also be greatful if anyone who is aware of equipment like this we should stay away from would let me know. thanks.

these mills run in the 24-75k range from what Ive seen. there is even a self propeled version out there.

with these big mills you bust the big wood down to managable peices then they need to go to a smaller unit for respliting. Another 5-7 k for fast sturdy units.

you'll find most of it here

http://search.dogpile.com/texis/search?q=fire+wood+processor+&geo=no&fs=web

I like the Faver splitter the best in the small towbehinde high volume range

dennis,
the cost of the processor and the conveyor to load your trucks or stock pile the split wood is not small. if you have the demand for that much wood maybe it would pay for a units. you also need to have the source for that much wood. most people that have processsors around here have to work full time just to keep them feed. you have to ask yourself, will this machine pay for itself? marty

Latest posts

Back