free saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I cut the limiters off, the carb was off and apart when I got the saw, I blew cleaner thru it and cleaned it best I could.
It don't matter if I have the high needle 1/2 turn or 3 turns out this thing is screamin at 14,800 an I know that ain't good
I don't know how to do pics so that ain't happening.

John

Well, I took the 360 to Andy's last evening and he did some pressure testing and found some leaky gas and impulse line and a small leak in the base gasket.
Then Adam showed up and tore the carb apart and suggested I put a kit in that, Adam also found the problem with my 346, the throttle linkage was bent and not opening the carb all the way and the carb needed a kit also.
Andy had a kit on the bench that worked and now I'm happier wit that saw.

Today I went to my local dealer and got all the parts I needed and put the 360 back together, poured in some fuel and lit 'er up, looks like I got control of the revs again, my tach is screwing up so I had to tune it in a small log I have and it will 4 stroke now where before all it would do is try for 15 grand.
I may need a new clutch spring as the chain will not stop at a reasonable speed.

Many thanks to Andy and Adam for their expertise and willingness to help, they be good Folk.

John

Well, I took the 360 to Andy's last evening and he did some pressure testing and found some leaky gas and impulse line and a small leak in the base gasket.
Then Adam showed up and tore the carb apart and suggested I put a kit in that, Adam also found the problem with my 346, the throttle linkage was bent and not opening the carb all the way and the carb needed a kit also.
Andy had a kit on the bench that worked and now I'm happier wit that saw.

Today I went to my local dealer and got all the parts I needed and put the 360 back together, poured in some fuel and lit 'er up, looks like I got control of the revs again, my tach is screwing up so I had to tune it in a small log I have and it will 4 stroke now where before all it would do is try for 15 grand.
I may need a new clutch spring as the chain will not stop at a reasonable speed.

Many thanks to Andy and Adam for their expertise and willingness to help, they be good Folk.

John
Glad to hear that you got it fixed. Had a fun time hanging out with you and your wife and Adam, any time you need a place to talk or play chainsaw you are welcome to come up to my place.

So you asked about three times about the squish band and never got an answer, i see it here all the time, the experts here are really really interested in their own s h i t and beating their own drums but couldn't really give a 1/4 of a f u c k about answering a laymans question...hmmm, great site or not ?...
A little grumpy this morning? .018" is plenty.

So you asked about three times about the squish band and never got an answer, i see it here all the time, the experts here are really really interested in their own s h i t and beating their own drums but couldn't really give a 1/4 of a f u c k about answering a laymans question...hmmm, great site or not ?...
WheresWally, thanks for your addition to my thread, now we have something to use as a bad example, I'm sure everybody else kept their mouth shut because they had never seen what I was talking about.
The problem was actually nonexistent once I started cleaning the cyl. I found the rest of the squish band hideing under a layer of soot.

John

WheresWally, thanks for your addition to my thread, now we have something to use as a bad example, I'm sure everybody else kept their mouth shut because they had never seen what I was talking about.
The problem was actually nonexistent once I started cleaning the cyl. I found the rest of the squish band hideing under a layer of soot.

John

Good point, it was a stupid reply that i put no thought into, i apologise for that, there was no excuse for it.

Latest posts

Back