How to sell small collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerambycid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve grown old and damaged my shoulder in such a way that I can no longer start my saws. I have a small collection of Stihl saws that I’d like to sell as a set. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Shipping wouldn’t be an option. The saws all function and are in good condition. They include: 011AV, 012AV, 010AV, 041FB, 041Super, 015L, 032AV, 075AV, 084AV, 056AV, 051AV, 042AV, 023, 026, 029Super, 024WB, 031AV. Not sure how to price these things fairly either. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A few pics of some of the saws are provided to illustrate what I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpeg
    IMG_0358.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Man I couldn't tell ya, maybe try a pawn or some super rich hobbyist.. I wish I could have a couple of these things though they're gorgeous

DO NOT go to a pawn shop. Pennies on the dollar is all you will get. I would try putting them on FB.
Never meet anyone, anywhere, alone. Always have someone with you. Maybe even a police officer if you should happen to know one. jmho :cool: OT
Understood. Don’t know facebook. Old guy, remember. I did post on CL. I guess nobody uses that anymore.

Maybe put them in the trading post on this site or trade them for something you could use of equal value. Lots of nice iron, should be able to get decent money from them. The bigger saws are worth some coin, I know a lot of collectors and loggers that are looking for them, I live too far to help you out though.

CL is still a viable source. What I do there is when I post an ad., I always say reply through CL and leave a phone number. Then check the number to see area code or name of user. (Some replies will have out of area codes / numbers due to people moving.) If they reply and say send your number, be cautious.

You’ll get more the more people you reach. If you want top dollar, search prices on this site and the other. Then give a group price. Pickup first, but it’s not that hard to ship stuff. Going to be hard to sell locally unless you have someone local that knows his stuff, but you’ll have to weed through the tire kickers.

Yes, you have some nice saws there. As said before, the big ones will bring serious coin if in good condition. It’s going to be a tough sell trying to get shed of them all at once. I too think it a good idea to list them here, individually with your price. There’s no commission to be paid, you just will have to ship. Personally, I’d like to see your 084😁

Back