hydraulic cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHADOWMAN

Reaction score
I have a HUSKEE 22 ton log splitter.. however, the hyd. cyl. is leaking.. what kind of kit... or cylinder do i buy for this... and how full should the resivoir tank be?? Thanks.. shadowman

Tank at minimum, full above return line port. Depends a bit on where your return port is located , 1/2" - 1" below fill port, have to leave room for fluid expansion or it will be splitting out the fill port. Cylinder length, diameter of Ram and external dia of cylinder. Plus matching the mounting on the " ends. A lot of repair shops do not like working on the chi-com cylinders, you did not specify if the packing was leaking or internal past the piston.

for a small setup like that I would just buy a new one not sure it would be worth the cost and time to even rebuilt. Figure out your cylinder specs and see what they cost or if you can pick up a used one.

Thanks for your replies.... its a small opening at the end of cylinder.. not leaking around major seals... i was told possibly an O ring broke... I will ck closer.. thanks again..Shadowman..

Latest posts

Back