I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just not that desirable to folks who want to use the saw for work. Also not that high up on the 'collector' list................even though it is a cool old saw that looks to be in fine shape. Just something cool to play with/look at/talk about with your friends and at GTG's. They're LOUD and SLOW. Dig the cast Fairbanks/Morse starter cover with logo.

Must be common as acorns round there. Never seen one here. **** like that is how folks become collectors. Practical? Hell no. Cool? Beyond a doubt. And yeah, wouldn't that be a blast to run at a gtg?

Sounds silly, but I hope it finds a good home. Shame for something like that to go to scrap.

Isn't that a 77cc thumper? Not exactly small... I'd give it a nice warm shelf to live on. Just sayin.

From what I've seen (limited experience, I admit), the 'saleability' of the saws with the AH engines increases significantly the larger the engine. In some areas those engines are very common, and folks hold out for the larger ones.

1960s Stihl Contra shainsaw powerhead, 119 cc - $500 (Madison)
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/tls/4230471865.html
00x0x_2CHUNBOr094_600x450.jpg

Believe it or not, there's been one for sale locally as rough or rougher, for the same price. Now the ads gone. Further proof that Stihl logos make folks do wonky stuff.
That is no kidding right there! That's why I love to sell cremesickles!! They are the best...........:rolleyes:

This gem popped up on CL for $100 on Friday with new chain, case, sharpener, etc. It was an hour and a half away, so I couldn't get to it in time. It was gone within minutes. Today its for sale for $250. Man, that's a nice 028.

My buddy works in this area 9 days out of 10. This was the one day he wasn't there, or it would have been mine (or probably his).

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/grd/4232968025.html
00000_8qw9ETdZ9aZ_600x450.jpg

Back