Looking at an Echo 602vl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m going to check out an Echo 602vl. I think the chain brake, adjustable oiler plus manual oiler and decomp are pretty cool on these saws. The saw looks clean (from the photo) but the add says it needs a new coil. I understand parts are hard to find for these things… specifically coils and fuel lines but I was wondering if a coil could be fit from other saws or if anyone’s ever had luck fixing wrecked coils? The guy’s asking $40 CAD

Thanks,
FD48D381-96F0-4723-9E64-0D354512D9A3.jpeg

I ended up chatting a bit more with the gentleman who was selling the saw:

He said the pull cord snapped and when he went to take it apart the coil fell out, he doesn’t have the coil and it’ll need a new one. I thought it sounded strange that the coil just fell out. When I asked if there was anything else wrong he said it was in pieces and I could just have it if I wanted. I swung by, picked up the pieces and left some beer. When I brought it home it appeared to be more or less intact (missing four bolts that hold the recoil cover on, a screw on the muffler and half the plastic chain brake). I was excited to see the coil was still in place but the recoil spring was missing! Anyways, long story… wound a new cord on, partially reattached the recoil cover, poured some gas into the carb and she fired right up! Pretty stoked! Now it’s time to order a new recoil spring which is still available!89B9B724-A789-4E3D-AA50-73D075B024A2.jpegC7E64F2E-40DA-4A86-AE16-6BF7B6E60309.jpegAA960C9A-FCCF-4E24-84D1-91A1D871BE2C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back