• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch PM570 - chain/ clutch cover question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello - I've been using my late father's ProMac 570, however the clutch / brake cover has cracked in two. I've looked on eBay, contacted Randys and also Chain Sawr with no success - would appreciate any suggestions of where else to look as I'm keen to keep using this saw.

This is what I'm after:
PM570 cover.jpeg

Are the clutch covers for the 10-10, 555, 570, 700 & 850 all the same - they look to be, but there are different part number of the parts listings? Not sure if these are minor cosmetic differences, or anything fundamental?

The other option I have been looking at is using a cover off a PM610, which I can get off ebay - however would appreciate if anyone has tried something similar? I know I'll loose the chain tensioner, and probably have to trim it around the exhaust. But just really looking for confirmation that the clutch drum and bar bolts will line up. Looking at the parts list, there looks to be quite a few common parts, so I'm hoping the critical parts will line up.

PM610 rear.jpgPM610 front.jpg

Any help much appreciated.

All of the long "PM" style clutch covers including the PM850 are the same. The PM800, PM805, PM850 Super, PM8200, and Double Eagle 80 covers will also work but they have some extra clearance around the muffler that the other models did not require.

The clutch covers from any of the left hand start saws will also fit and work but they do not extend over the muffler the way the cover on the PM570 and PM850 did. The PM10-10 and 10-10S saws also would have the long clutch cover you are looking for.

Bill Robinson at Fayetteville, NY used to have some NOS covers available that were reasonably priced. There was another eBay seller, may have been in Arkansas?? that had some listed recently.

I don't think the 600 Series clutch cover can actually be made to work on the 10 Series saws even if you cut away the partition wall between the clutch and the muffler.

Mark

Mark - many thanks for the detailed reply, with the range of covers that would work on this saw.

I've tried to find contact details for Bill Robinson - however a google search suggests this business is permanently closed. I'm hoping this is incorrect - do you have any recent contact details?

I've also searched eBay again - but with no success.

So any other leads would be appreciated.

Back