Milling forum.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doggonetrees

doggonetrees

ArboristSite Member
sounds good to me, as I have seen lots of positive info on designs for the frame work for leveling plane for my saw to run on. The price for the rail system was not going to be cost effective, so I opted to uswe a 20' aluminum extension ladder with leveling legs.:)

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
doggonetrees said:
sounds good to me, as I have seen lots of positive info on designs for the frame work for leveling plane for my saw to run on. The price for the rail system was not going to be cost effective, so I opted to uswe a 20' aluminum extension ladder with leveling legs.:)
I'd like to see pictures of that!

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
heres my rail set-up:

attachment.php

and my adjustable feet:

attachment.php

I think Ive got about $40.00 into all of that with enough of that strut left over to use as a rip fence with my circular saw.

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
DDM said:
What should this forum be named? Milling Forum? Or should it include
sawmills as well? Milling/Portable Saw mill Forum?
How about "Milling/Sawmill Forum"? Keeps it simple. People will respond and word will get around. Maybe stack it next to the Firewood Forum since so many of us do both. Thanks, Bob

doggonetrees

doggonetrees

ArboristSite Member
DDM, I had a pretty good fire which got most of my equipment. I have the remains of two aluminum ladders that had their footpads melted off. Took some aluminum shelf bracing that the military threw away, got some all-thread to attach it through the rungs, and get the frame-work leveled and drive nails through the existing holes to level it up. My Alaskan mill glides smoothly across it. My wife is still trying to locate her cable so I can download the pics. This set up works well on long cuts.

Latest posts