MS261 Stalling/Not idling M-Tronic Issue?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I would consider 2 wires for controlling a solenoid and a throttle position switch a "bus". However, Stihl's scan tool does apparently read data from at ;east one of these wires.

Keep in mind that companies patent a LOT of ideas, a few of which might actually make it into real world products. If you really want to make your head spin just try matching Hewlett Packard patents to a specific inkjet print cartridge!

Yes, there may also be multiple patents on different aspects of the M-tronic system. Keep in mind that M-tronic began as Stihl's "intelligent engine management" I believe first used in an MS280 around 2010 or so.

I used the term BUS because it was the title of their patent.

epo

ArboristSite Member
I used the term BUS because it was the title of their patent.
And there's nothing wrong with that. In the patent they give an example of a possible use of an existing type of bus within this patent. And this is Local Interconnect Network (LIN) known to be used in automobiles for devices that don't need the speed or reliability that CAN provides.
LIN doesn't even need two wires, one is enough.