Need help splitting case on my 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,,,,, a formerly known Budwieser fan!!!!!!! Not any more!!!!!!! Give me a good dark porter or an amber looking full bodied IPA,,, and Im good to go after a couple/three Ehhh? My lil Kiwi buddy??????? LOLOL!!!!

I see you've had a few microbrews tonight. Me too...:greenchainsaw:

BP series 2 or 2J? Bring it on over.. I'll check it out;) Mills... all I seem to do is work on mine. latest - I now have dro on all 4 axis. No more dropped knee handles and lost counts!

As you'll find out, the mill is the cheap part... then there's the tooling... :cry:

:dizzy:
BP series 2 or 2J? Bring it on over.. I'll check it out;) Mills... all I seem to do is work on mine. latest - I now have dro on all 4 axis. No more dropped knee handles and lost counts!

As you'll find out, the mill is the cheap part... then there's the tooling... :cry:

Yep,,,,, the tooling and indicators can cost a bit!!!! Photos in a day or few????? LOLOL!!!!!! :greenchainsaw::clap:

Hey you guys are great...Full of good Info. I like to make some of my own tools and you guys helped soooo much..

Thanks a lot guys..Chainsaw Guy

Hello,
I read all the thread, and thanks to you, I have remove balls bearing. But I have problem for close the case...

I haven't had any luck with freezing the stihl crank etc, and I don't go for heating the bearing center - differential heating is bad new for these deep roller bearings, and they have polymar cages....

You are MUCH better to "pull" the crank into the bearing. For the clutch side all you need is your clutch spider (center of clutch) and a few short lengths of pipe (with very flat and squared ends - use a lathe if you have one). Pop the pipe over the shaft until it is 3/4 of the way up the threads, thread on the clutch and tighten until it bottoms, then change the pipe insert to a longer piece and start again. Maybe 10 minutes of messing around and it's done.

You can do the same on the flywheel side or just use the three/four center case screws - may need longer screws - (small even adjustments please!) to pull the flywheel side onto the crank. If you do it this way, set your dowel pins just before you do the final tighten..

I don't understand how to do that.
Do I need different steel pipe size that I will press with the clutch help ?
Is it the process ?
Thanks for your help

wish all the pictures didnt disappear. this looked like a great thread.
anyone know what lakes dealership tools looked like?

wish all the pictures didnt disappear. this looked like a great thread.
anyone know what lakes dealership tools looked like?

I just finished reading this thread, while waiting for my Farmertec 660 / 066 kit to arrive and fully agree!

Wish we could see the tool photos (mainly the homemade tools) in this old thread somehow?

Back