New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to reality now!

Day after we get home we lose the clutch on the Altec 1317. On Friday the ford gasser engine on my woodchuck threw a rod.

Right now I'm down 3 chippers. My big Vermeer is still in the shop.

I recall someone saying not too long ago they were considering selling their spare 250xp... MDS???

Anyway, it's always nice to have an extra! I've never had all 3 down at once. Thankfully we're doing a bunch of trim jobs this week and will end up trailering most of the brush until that clutch is fixed. Sunbelt wants 530 per day to rent a BC1000. Yikes!

I might be interested. Give me a call or PM me.
Oh what I mean is you should keep it! Nice to have when other stuff breaks down.

The green vermeer we're renting is pretty sweet!
20231009_110607.jpg

Hope to have my altec back by the weekend. Tranny went out on the small dump today too. But we're probably busier than we've ever been. I was concerned with the late summer lull but now it's back to the normal insanity!

good morning , does anybody have experience with a dino 92 ? asking for a friend. thanks

thanks for the input. i like the tires for driving on lawns and i guess they are faster than most lifts (at least the salesman says so) heard good things about reliability. at the point where im losing enough jobs because i dont have one.

I could have used something liked that today. It very very sketchy running the bucket truck along a sideways grade on a hill.

Ive talked to the sales guy at dino lifts too. Are they pushing 200k now? Interest rates are killer right now.

It very very sketchy running the bucket truck along a sideways grade on a hill.
I had my front tire hanging over a ditch yesterday AM, had to stack wood under it
ive had some nasty setups, parked at a 45 on hills so steep the parking brake wouldnt hold, actually had the winch hooked to a tree to hold it
id say about 20 degree side hill and nearly 25-30 up hill, if I was going for any side reach id level the truck front to back but on this I only did enough to hit the 5 degree mark, first time ive come close to lifting both tires on one side to get level!
my truck pushes really bad on the outriggers when trying to lift the front tires, super easy to slide off a cribbing tower

To counteract the tendency of a rig to slide off cribbing, the first block should include wedging so as to be level. Gravity ignores a slope, and always pulls perpendicular to the horizon.

Now if that first block is only on the downhill side of a crib stack, and the second block is level, that's ok too. But the 2nd block must be sturdy enough to hold the whole span.

Even then, that is breaking the rules. "Cribbing should never be set up on a slope greater than 6° (10%). Doing so increases the risk of an aerial lift tip-over."

To counteract the tendency of a rig to slide off cribbing, the first block should include wedging so as to be level. Gravity ignores a slope, and always pulls perpendicular to the horizon.

Now if that first block is only on the downhill side of a crib stack, and the second block is level, that's ok too. But the 2nd block must be sturdy enough to hold the whole span.
I can set up dead level, outrigger pads on a perfectly level driveway, if I push my outriggers down and make the front end light, it always slides to the side opposite the rigger im pushing down
for the most part, drive up on the blocks instead of lifting the tires if you can help it, then put the outriggers down just enough to take some weight off the tires, I rarely put them down more than just touching unless I need to level up sideways

Even then, that is breaking the rules. "Cribbing should never be set up on a slope greater than 6° (10%). Doing so increases the risk of an aerial lift tip-over."
never seen an OSHA rule saying a max slope for cribbing, its suggested that the ground be made level but very rarely is that possible especially in roads
the float and contact surface of the cribbing should be level however, you are allowed to stack wood to make it level, and dig out the surface under the stack if needed

last I checked the operator has final say over whats good, not even OSHA gets to disagree with the operator as long as the bearing pressure is monitored and stays below allowable levels for the setup surface, span blocking obviously has a higher PSI than a pad will unless your stack is much wider to account for it
heres an example of a terrible span blocking job, although the blocks are so long that the PSI is less than if I were to just put the outrigger down, but the float is spanning a hollow spot which makes me kinda not like the setup but it did work fine for the job, the soil was rock hard clay so sinking wasnt a worry at all
1698258268937.png

I could have used something liked that today. It very very sketchy running the bucket truck along a sideways grade on a hill.

Ive talked to the sales guy at dino lifts too. Are they pushing 200k now? Interest rates are killer right now.
$185k plus trailer
yea, $200k - which i cant wrap my head around

Lol, this Dino looks like an overpriced Mazda to the MDS.

So yeah, basically the Dino is 705 lbs lighter than an omme 2750, has 10’ less scissors height (up and over reach), and a travel width of 81” as compared to 44” with the omme… and costs quite a bit more too.

Better not need plywood or it’s two sheets wide time.

Just a couple more thoughts on this revolutionary piece of equipment. Lol.

Back