New toy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a husky top handle yesterday. It’s new but I noticed it was built in 2017 should I have them check the computer to see if there’s an update or not? Also any suggestions or things to look for while using it? Mainly using on the ground to cut limbs of felled trees. I’m not much of a climber.

Attachments

• B6B4C757-8DC2-4DF4-8C2B-92BA727C28AB.jpeg
    B6B4C757-8DC2-4DF4-8C2B-92BA727C28AB.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
Got a husky top handle yesterday. It’s new but I noticed it was built in 2017 should I have them check the computer to see if there’s an update or not? Also any suggestions or things to look for while using it? Mainly using on the ground to cut limbs of felled trees. I’m not much of a climber.
It certainly couldnt to call & ask if there's any updates it may have missed.. I'm not sure how they "set them up" before they leave the door.. or if certain dealers will update their stock as software updates roll out..

I know i bought the same 540, it's not even broken in yet, but it's got the laggy trigger bug if you let it idle too long.. pretty sure it's just loading up while idling & that's how it reacts after.. Im sure some fine tuning would help if it was possible. But.... That requires a computer & i haven't put the effort forth yet to see what's available...

With all this computer stuff now I'm waiting for aftermarket performance chips too start dropping..lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was easy on it yesterday just messing around and it didn’t seem to lag and it idled quite a bit between cuts and didn’t seem flooded so maybe there is a difference between ours.

I was easy on it yesterday just messing around and it didn’t seem to lag and it idled quite a bit between cuts and didn’t seem flooded so maybe there is a difference between ours.
Possibly.. I'm not sure how long it takes to start being weird with mine. I just know it happens when i allow it to idle for extended periods while I'm climbing & positioning around the tree.. In these scenarios i should just be shutting it off but I'm just being lazy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back