Remington Super 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are sexy looking saws...:biggrinbounce2::spam:

I agree. While they're not realy my style (though I wouldn't turn one down if the deal was right), they are extremely well made, run well, and have a unique look that sets them apart.:cheers:

I tried to go to Chain Saw Collectors Corner, acresinternet.com, but it wouldn't load.

That site's been down for at least a day. There are a couple of threads discussing it here already. I Pray it comes back to life soon.

Remingtons saw service in Viet Nam, both direct drives and geardrives. A guy I work with was a "Screamin Eagle", he played tunes on an M60 in the A Shau Valley. He has a book full of photos, in a few there definately Remingtons being used.

82cc's of white-knuckle fun. Get out the earplugs. If you run it for more than 15 minutes, get out the advil as well. If you find a Carter carb in there, drop me a PM and I'll put you on to a rebuild kit.

3 rings! No muffler (just a bit of a baffle)! Loud, loud LOUD! Loads of fun. Carter carb isn't as bad as everybody says it is, but it's easier to find parts for the Tillotson. Space-age design makes this look like a Paul Bunyan/George Jetson hybrid.

Remingtons saw service in Viet Nam, both direct drives and geardrives. A guy I work with was a "Screamin Eagle", he played tunes on an M60 in the A Shau Valley. He has a book full of photos, in a few there definately Remingtons being used.

I think SawBones has at least one of them GI Remingtons saws...:cheers:

IMG_8616.jpegIMG_8615.jpegIMG_8594.jpegIMG_8616.jpegIMG_8615.jpegIMG_8594.jpegIMG_8582.jpegHi guys. Can you help me to identify my Remington? As I have different options from different people.Thank you!!!

An odd one with the oiler and a starter both on the clutch cover, but a second (probably later) starter on the flywheel side. No bottom handle under the pistol grip. That there is a Bantam frankensaw of some sort. The homemade hand guard is a nice frankensteiny touch.

An odd one with the oiler and a starter both on the clutch cover, but a second (probably later) starter on the flywheel side. No bottom handle under the pistol grip. That there is a Bantam frankensaw of some sort. The homemade hand guard is a nice frankensteiny touch.
Hi. Thank for your reply, there was a pice of underneath handle, I took it out, the nut is still there. The hand guard doesn’t seem to be hand made, looks like factory one. So what model is? Thank you!!!

Hi. Thank for your reply, there was a pice of underneath handle, I took it out, the nut is still there. The hand guard doesn’t seem to be hand made, looks like factory one. So what model is? Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8615.jpeg
    IMG_8615.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I found out, they made some of this saw with both side starters.

Back