Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People were talking about coffee. I don't drink coffee, but my wife has family members who grow a bit in
Guatemala, where we were to celebrate our 40th anniversary. Had a good time, but it was too short.
Congrats! Anybodies family that grows coffee is ok in my book.:drinkingcoffee:

In addition to being frugal that is another reason I use chains up completely (and then some) before putting a new one on. I've had a few chains with missing cutters over the years as they were filed beyond the witness marks. 😉
Are you telling us that you were cutting wood with no teeth? LOL, Just kidding.

People were talking about coffee. I don't drink coffee, but my wife has family members who grow a bit in
Guatemala, where we were to celebrate our 40th anniversary. Had a good time, but it was too short.
No coffee?????? We can't be friends lolol .

Here's one for you bicycle, car, women's tennis fans... My many decades long friend owned a bicycle shop. In the early '80s he was commissioned to make a 5 passenger bicycle for a Sears Roebuck television commercial. The commercial was to feature women's tennis champion Yvonne Googlagong promoting Sears active wear for women. Amusingly, when they showed him the story board for the commercial the "bicycle" had 5 wheels on it. He offered his expert opinion that a bicycle has two wheels and he could make one with 5 seats. 😉 He was a frame builder... Reynolds 531 double butted tubing was the thing in those days... so from a technical stand point this wasn't a leap for him.

He was at the filming in Central Park in NYC... rather nervous to have Googlagong and 4 models on the bike. What could possibly go wrong! It was a tough job working with those five women but he was the man who could do it. 😉 BTW, riding that thing was like riding an extension ladder...

That's his '69 Jag XKE 4.2 in the background. That thing was fun to tool around in... It was in good shape when he got it but he eventually did a restoration rebuild on it to make it 100%.

image0.gif

Bittersweet. Sold the XJ Jeep guy had been hounding me for a couple of weeks . This morning he stopped (lives up the road) when he saw me outside made another offer I couldn’t refuse . He gave me cash in about 20 minutes and He’s going to DMV today . Should be back this evening to pick it up

Here's one for you bicycle, car, women's tennis fans... My many decades long friend owned a bicycle shop. In the early '80s he was commissioned to make a 5 passenger bicycle for a Sears Roebuck television commercial. The commercial was to feature women's tennis champion Yvonne Googlagong promoting Sears active wear for women. Amusingly, when they showed him the story board for the commercial the "bicycle" had 5 wheels on it. He offered his expert opinion that a bicycle has two wheels and he could make one with 5 seats. 😉 He was a frame builder... Reynolds 531 double butted tubing was the thing in those days... so from a technical stand point this wasn't a leap for him.

He was at the filming in Central Park in NYC... rather nervous to have Googlagong and 4 models on the bike. What could possibly go wrong! It was a tough job working with those five women but he was the man who could do it. 😉 BTW, riding that thing was like riding an extension ladder...

That's his '69 Jag XKE 4.2 in the background. That thing was fun to tool around in... It was in good shape when he got it but he eventually did a restoration rebuild on it to make it 100%.

View attachment 1169373

Where is the picture of Googlagong and four models?

Bittersweet. Sold the XJ Jeep guy had been hounding me for a couple of weeks . This morning he stopped (lives up the road) when he saw me outside made another offer I couldn’t refuse . He gave me cash in about 20 minutes and He’s going to DMV today . Should be back this evening to pick it up
Wish I could let go of stuff that is standing in my way of working on original projects like the square body I posted yesterday. I have several things that realistically I should sell off to fund a free up time for it but can't bring myself to do it.

More freebies!
20240412_132136.jpg
I :heart: the hammers. A few nail puller/pry bars, brushes, saws, rulers, horseshoes, and a few other bits. Plus a framing square - and mine has been missing for quite a while! That was a bonus that I didn't know was there (actually most of the tools were a surprise.)
20240412_131849.jpg
And a few containers of nails. Meh. At least most of them are galvanized or aluminum.

Where is the picture of Googlagong and four models?
I can ask if any exist in his achieves.... now in the custody of a mutual friend. Unfortunately he passed away so I cannot ask him himself.

I tried to find that particular ad on YouTube but it's not there with other old Sears ads. At least that I could find.

Back