Techlite Rivets?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmycrackcorn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I hate to start a thread on this but I've contacted a few different ppl from here and have had no luck! I have this Techlite bar that really don't have all that much use on it & the dang rivets came out of the nose. I know there are numerous threads on these bars coming apart but I can't find anyone with solutions to replacing the sprocket nose rivets.

Yes. It's just the rivets. The nose, from what I can see is perfectly fine. The dang rivets just came out somehow.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Something that isn't going to add up to the cost of a new bar. I'm just not sure where to look for rivets or they're specific name other than "chainsaw sprocket nose rivets".. Google that and you don't get much relevant info. Even when I go to manufacturers sites where the different types of rivets are listed, I'm not sure what type in looking for.

All I do know is the hole for the rivet is just a c-hair bigger than a 15/64's drill bit. I haven't mic'd the depth yet. I know I'm going to need a few more measurements to find the right solution so best with me till I find my calipers/vemeer, whatever it's called.

Here a pic.
a7edef19751104c31889c07c69ee4f1d.jpg

b084d97da55a24d641affc1d4444fe22.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Check on the Dîa of the rivet (size of hole) & look on Fleabay for that size countersunk head rivet 1/8" or 3mm longer than the bar thickness longer is OK you can always cut to size. also some saw outlets sell rivet kits for the different replaceable nose sprockets.

I'm surprised that given your username, you even care.............LOL!

My thought on the solution: Find traditional replacement rivets, and pound the mf'ers flat so they cover the countersunk OEM hole. Welding is also an option as previously mentioned, but I'm not sure about the heat introduced.
Another option is JB Weld, and sand smooth.

You can find a few steel nails, grind them down to size, and use a big ball peen hammer
to pound and shape the nail until they fill in the rivet holes. I've done that on several
bars to replace the head and sprocket roller nose assemblies. Tough to find 2 more
rivets when you are only given 2 for a 4 hole assembly!

Guys!!!! I'm sooo sorry!! I totally forgot I started this thread. Great suggestions!

Mingya, wish I had a welder.. That thing would have come in clutch so many times...!

Say.. Anyone got a Techlite they can get some measurements for me on.. I hate to ask as it sounds lazy, but I can't find my calipers. They just up and disappeared. I'm sure I'll find them once I don't need them.

Lol @ John.. Yeah you would figure but this guy needs his bar back.. I'm so tired of running this teeny tiny 18 in the bigger wood we keep coming across.. It just takes so much longer chasing your cut all the way around the cut.. Lol. Latley, when I'm bucking stuff the log truck is holding, 90% of the time I'm reaching waaay over to the other underside of the tree. Almost completely upside down.. Just looks funny. Guys on the job site are always giving me **** now... "Dude.. Just go get a bigger saw".. Lol... What can I say.. I love my 12lb 562..

Philbert.. I must have searched wrong on Bailey's as I only came up with one selection.. I'll use your search terms and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

i have found the tsumura tip rivets work in many applications including the early cannon/oregon 3 rivet tips and the stihl tips. i have a techlite here but it is new and never had to replace a tip but looks like the tsumura rivets would work for them.

Latest posts

Back