Teen's first chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urbicide said:
Does Fischer-Price make a chainsaw? $15.00/hr. and no show? :rolleyes: I've got some :bowdown:great friends who come out to my woodlot for fresh air, beautiful scenery, hard work, and all of the gatorade they can drink.:cheers:I feel guilty now!;)

This young man has no idea of what he is missing.:chainsaw:

Yes, Fischer Price Does make a Saw, but it is Sold by Stihl as the MS 660, just a little toy.

The work ethic of kids these days is sad. I know that there are exceptions to this rule, but in general it is hard to find kids that want to work. My dad and I both live one a little acreage and he would pay a kid to work every weekend. I could use help at least a couple of times a month.

I think that most kids today (including my own) have it too easy. Most of the have most of their needs met, and most of their wants met. When I was a kid, my parents had the ability to give me anything I wanted, but they didn't. If I wanted it, I had to buy it. At times I hated them for not giving me what I wanted, but now I thank them. I learned the value and reward of hard work. Maybe I am a weirdo, but I love to work hard and always have.

We are lucky, we have a 16 yo son that is a good kid, good grades, no trouble, etc. but getting any hard physical work out of him is like pulling teeth. Part of it is just being a lazy 16 year old. He was born and raised mostly in the city.

Hopefully my 3 yo twin boys will be a little different. They only know living in the country and I am already making them help me. At this age they slow me down more than anything, but we have fun. I swear that they will never have a tv in their room and they will never own a video game. Of course that is easier said than done.

BTW Cut4fun, the twins love your video. When I am browsing and they come by the computer, I have to stop and find one of your posts. The first time they saw you video, they laughed and laughed. When we get around to getting them a computer, I may have to steal your video and make it a screen saver for them.

Jim

Crazy isn't it. I love working hard for free. I even pay for my own gas, oil, and chains...so I'm less than free. I just like to get out and play.

My kids? When my youngest gets older, maybe, but my oldest has Asperger's syndrome, a kind of autism, and getting him to work is like pulling teeth. Incredibly smart, short attention span, and unrelated to his condition, a bit lazy.

Mark

TopJimmy said:
The work ethic of kids these days is sad. I know that there are exceptions to this rule, but in general it is hard to find kids that want to work.

I think that most kids today (including my own) have it too easy. Most of the have most of their needs met, and most of their wants met. When I was a kid, my parents had the ability to give me anything I wanted, but they didn't. If I wanted it, I had to buy it. At times I hated them for not giving me what I wanted, but now I thank them. I learned the value and reward of hard work.
Jim

Bingo. Good post Jim.

I am of the younger generation. I just turned 27, so I know all bout the values of the young ones today. I work with 3 other guys my age. not to brag, but I can outwork each one of them 2 to 1. Seems they would rather let someone else do the work, than jump in and help.

My parents were the same way. They were very well off and could have bought me anything I wanted when I was a kid. Truth beknown, they did not. I had to work for everything I wanted.

What seems like normal everyday work to me is something most people wouldn't even consider. I just find it rather anoying to think that the world owes the younger people anything. that is the way most of them think.

Latest posts

Back