The Perfect Gas Can…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like none of you use the husqvarna combi can, I still have the first they brought out that's more rounded, only had to replace one spout. Bought a new can this year and they are more square looking, only time will tell how this performs. I been very happy with the husqvarna combi cans. Maybe they are more acceptable here in the uk and Europe.

Looks like none of you use the husqvarna combi can, I still have the first they brought out that's more rounded, only had to replace one spout. Bought a new can this year and they are more square looking, only time will tell how this performs. I been very happy with the husqvarna combi cans. Maybe they are more acceptable here in the uk and Europe.
Combi cans have to meet fire code and EPA emissions here.

Some people have a phobia about anything that is not labelled Stihl and if they are messing about with $5 string trimmers- do not need a container capable of carrying two different liquids without fear of cross contamination.
The Husqvarna old style combi is a good bit of kit and handy for folk that own and use chainsaws for more than demonstrator models.

Some people have a phobia about anything that is not labelled Stihl and if they are messing about with $5 string trimmers- do not need a container capable of carrying two different liquids without fear of cross contamination.
The Husqvarna old style combi is a good bit of kit and handy for folk that own and use chainsaws for more than demonstrator models.
No phobia here i just refuse to pay a insane price for a container to store mixed petrol. My string trimmer cost me $429.99

I wish they weren't made of gold and easier to get here. Sure would be nicer then toting multiple cans/jugs around.

I wish they weren't made of gold and easier to get here. Sure would be nicer then toting multiple cans/jugs around.
i use the 1 quart tru fuel bottles for my mix and keep bar oil in a gear oil bottle. More slim line than lugging around 2 containers on a UTV or ATV.

The new style ones are just over $100 of ours- so around $65 of yours.
I am yet to wear out the original ones I have, so have not bothered with the new ones with integral tool carrying facility.

i use the 1 quart tru fuel bottles for my mix and keep bar oil in a gear oil bottle. More slim line than lugging around 2 containers on a UTV or ATV.
that would work depending on what I'm doing. Last time I was out at my dad's place, between me, the old man and my brother we burned nearly 5 gallons through the saws. Foutinalty we had the truck and tractor to cart stuff around for us. Don't realize how much fuel and oil you go through till you have a bunch of trees downed, topped out and start bucking them up. Ran the 390xp a lot that day too, and it's a fuel pig.
Usually I just keep my little 2.5 gal/ 10L jerry can handy and take a gallon bottle of oil with. Keep refilling this old oil bottle that has an offset neck. Easier to fill the saws up without making a mess

The new style ones are just over $100 of ours- so around $65 of yours.
I am yet to wear out the original ones I have, so have not bothered with the new ones with integral tool carrying facility.
$139.00 cheapest I've seen one, which is stupid for what it is.

$139.00 cheapest I've seen one, which is stupid for what it is.

So people are asking $140 USD for the same cans we get for half that and less?
Well chalk that one up, good to see others getting ripped into instead of us all the time! :laugh:

Unearthed the 1 1/2 gallon jug today View attachment 1166273need to find a liter soda cap for the vent
I don't see that one often, but it's the one I use for mix also. I lost the fill plug, so resorted to a rubber cap I had laying around. I wouldn't call it the perfect gas can though. 20240331_145652.jpg
I do like the military jerry cans, even if the cheap spouts are not awesome.
20240331_150502.jpg
And the standby 5 gallon for general purpose use. 20240331_150731.jpg

No phobia here i just refuse to pay a insane price for a container to store mixed petrol. My string trimmer cost me $429.99
My first combo can cost around £20 and still use that, my second one (new type) cost I think it was £43 so it's hardly breaking the bank and although you may think it a lot if this can lasts as long you cant fault that, I'm talking uk prices and realise different countries have different regs. Some people use old engine oil to save a few bucks but dont worry about how much they spend on beer🙄
It's all down to priorities and what the individual wants. Just like snapon tools, you can do the job with cheaper but quality lasts.

Latest posts

Back