torque you bolts!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Originally posted by Darin
this is what happens if your bolt backs out from not torquing them correctly. Not to mention the damage to the drum.:blob2:

Off topic question. there is a rental place that brings me blades like those about once a month to grind. They are beveled on both the top and bottom of blade. One bevel is sharper than the other. Which sides is ground to sharpen them??

Darin

Darin

No Longer Here
Jim,
I may not be understanding the question. Are you saying which side you are supposed to sharpen? If you are, one side is sharper than the other cause one side got abused more than the other. If the other side is still sharp the rental store needs to flip them and use the other side. Because of the other side not being dull as often the blades probably are longer on that side. Therefore needing to adjust the anvil everytime they flip them. If i misinterpreted please rephrase your question or give more detail. BTW- what are you using to sharpen them?