whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something wrong with this story.... (aside from not reverse parking the truck).

sw1-jpg.934446

Attachments

• SW1.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 149
Something wrong with this story.... (aside from not reverse parking the truck).

sw1-jpg.934446
I also ran 11m velocity thru my zig zags from the time it was invented (I had 2 of the first gen that broke and were recalled) but then on a whim I went to the 12.7 vortex and been happier with it. It is harder to install in the zz so I just leave it on there and suffer having to slide it all the way back to the splice every time.

16" bar seems a lot on those, allthough looks like it would balance the 'back end heavy' of the battery?

I run 14" on all the climbing saws, except the little Stihl battery, 16" on 261 & 380.

When you say the crew's are impressed with the recent model, what have been the main things they like about them?
The power and the torque. The variable speed trigger.
Jeff

I also ran 11m velocity thru my zig zags from the time it was invented (I had 2 of the first gen that broke and were recalled) but then on a whim I went to the 12.7 vortex and been happier with it. It is harder to install in the zz so I just leave it on there and suffer having to slide it all the way back to the splice every time.
I love velocity, only issue I have is its so friggen light, real pain to flick over a branch from more than about 10ft away

I love velocity, only issue I have is its so friggen light, real pain to flick over a branch from more than about 10ft away
It was real easy to run thru the zz and then re install it. But the 12/7 vortex is much easier on the hands imo. I got some other schit I bought for my Akimbo but not dialed that thing in yet. Put a steel snap on your belt and then put it on your velocity just for throwing. Then the light weight becomes an advantage up in the air.

It was real easy to run thru the zz and then re install it. But the 12/7 vortex is much easier on the hands imo. I got some other schit I bought for my Akimbo but not dialed that thing in yet. Put a steel snap on your belt and then put it on your velocity just for throwing. Then the light weight becomes an advantage up in the air.
Are you still climbing? I couldn’t imagine it at your age. We have a local guy (Your friend Paul knows him) that still climbs from time to time in his 70’s. Crazy bastard, and I love him. Can’t believe he hasn’t killed himself yet.
If you you are, I have all respect for you.
Cant imagine doing it 25 years from now.

Are you still climbing? I couldn’t imagine it at your age. We have a local guy (Your friend Paul knows him) that still climbs from time to time in his 70’s. Crazy bastard, and I love him. Can’t believe he hasn’t killed himself yet.
If you you are, I have all respect for you.
Cant imagine doing it 25 years from now.
Thanks, I climb all the time. Did a big beech couple of days ago. Deadwood and a lot with house/roof clearance and thin interior canopy. No spikes of course. I condition religiously and like I said earlier...no pains at all now as I quit the sport I love, racquetball leagues, at the covid. I climb off the crane on removals. I can spike all day and all week if I wanted to.

New medicine since I can't distance run anymore is new generation Schwinn Airdyne as I used to break the pegs standing on them. 40 min. ride, 2 full mins on pegs then 3 mins on seat as hard as I can take for every 5 mins. At 40 minutes...on the seat but push as hard as I can for a full minute both arms and legs. Soaking wet and can't hardly talk.

38433230_1849725808455182_1483016821073248256_o.jpg

I had a friend in New Jersey that climbed into his 80's. He was 2 time National Climbing Champion and foreman for Bartlett. I could come up with a couple of national tree care magazine articles he was featured in if anyone was interested.

I have started hanging my throw weight on a carritool, works great when advancing my climb line more than 10-15ft, and a necessity for my lanyard IMO

you see my lanyard video? got an amazing hitch for it so I can run it SRT, most of my climbs are under 40ft so I can choke it on a stem and rappel in an emergency without setting up my climb line

although, your akimbo would work nearly the same as the hitch I run

I have started hanging my throw weight on a carritool, works great when advancing my climb line more than 10-15ft, and a necessity for my lanyard IMO

you see my lanyard video? got an amazing hitch for it so I can run it SRT, most of my climbs are under 40ft so I can choke it on a stem and rappel in an emergency without setting up my climb line

although, your akimbo would work nearly the same as the hitch I run
then you gotta go back up and take out your canopy anchor if not a td?

I’ve spent the last two days in my terex xt 60/70 elevator bucket (75’ work height). Spent the day before in my 90’ wh lift. The elevator is a workhorse, but the big lift is the technician, hands down. 25’ of extra height is a game changer for sure. 60 footers are entry level stuff. Just saying.

Latest posts

Back