whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to work against my better judgement. Climbed and rigged out a medium (75-80') white pine. Had to burn down and strip my gear off and run into the woods. Of course I get sick after the rest of the family gets better.

Never had a flu shot and hopefully never will. Just not a fan

I am on the last couple of days of vacation. Get some time alone while my wife goes to the mall with my daughters.
So, I am hanging at home watching recorded football games when I see one of our competitor's walking around.
I live in a gated community so he was obviously doing a tree count and 3 year plan for this HOA.
Good for him, I hope he gets the job, not us, could be a conflict of interest.
Then again, maybe when he saw my truck, he may of thought I was here to bid against him.
I almost said 'Hi', but I was in my pajamas,,:surprised3:
Jeff

I am on the last couple of days of vacation. Get some time alone while my wife goes to the mall with my daughters.
So, I am hanging at home watching recorded football games when I see one of our competitor's walking around.
I live in a gated community so he was obviously doing a tree count and 3 year plan for this HOA.
Good for him, I hope he gets the job, not us, could be a conflict of interest.
Then again, maybe when he saw my truck, he may of thought I was here to bid against him.
I almost said 'Hi', but I was in my pajamas,,:surprised3:
Jeff
Should've ran out there naked:laugh:

I had Phil (Smallwood) come out today and kill a few stone dead oaks for me with his 82' tracked lift. It worked out well. His unit is pretty sweet; I defintely see lifts like this carving a niche out in the industry. It's only 44" wide and can setup on some serious angles if needed. As his slogan says; "Don't put a good climber in bad trees".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 51
I had Phil (Smallwood) come out today and kill a few stone dead oaks for me with his 82' tracked lift. It worked out well. His unit is pretty sweet; I defintely see lifts like this carving a niche out in the industry. It's only 44" wide and can setup on some serious angles if needed. As his slogan says; "Don't put a good climber in bad trees".

Yeah Phil's machine is definitely the bomb and he's a great guy to work with. I've had him out on a couple jobs this year also. There aren't very many places that lift can't go.
024.jpg
026.jpg
027.jpg

I am hoping for a better year. It's been a rough one. I'm thinking that the MDS will prevail though. Been through too damn much, and got too damn far for it to end here.

On the bright side, I've been playing uncle Paul to my two previously estranged nephews from Florida for the last five days. They're 12 and 17. Their dad passed away from his demons a year or so ago. I have absolutely no experience in such things, but I'm getting through it just fine. I think they're actually teaching my old ass a thing or two about life. Pretty cool for a change.

I am hoping for a better year. It's been a rough one. I'm thinking that the MDS will prevail though. Been through too damn much, and got too damn far for it to end here.

On the bright side, I've been playing uncle Paul to my two previously estranged nephews from Florida for the last five days. They're 12 and 17. Their dad passed away from his demons a year or so ago. I have absolutely no experience in such things, but I'm getting through it just fine. I think they're actually teaching my old ass a thing or two about life. Pretty cool for a change.

Ride the train until the wheels come off. If you stop in the middle it's no good. I've had some bad years but in the face of almost certain failure an opportunity presents intself. Giving up has to be a last resort no other options.

Went over to my cousins to cut and split firewood for her that I told her I'd do two years ago. Felt good to get out of the house after the last couple of days. Was a brisk fourteen degrees this morning. Was a great day.

Made amends today with a builder that was once a good friend until he stiffed me out of $2,700 on a job back in 2007. The guy had it going good then got involved in a too good to be true financial scam and filed bankruptcy. He left a lot of people holding the bag...owed one small contractor $55,000 and that basically put the guy and his family on the street. Anyway, I told him today I lived over it and he didn't have to turn and practically run every time he sees me.

Latest posts

Back