whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up a 2 am to plow snow and then tore all my saws down to clean them up good in an icebox of a shop. One heated bay, is that to much to ask for? Guess I just need to be a better climber so I can make 100,000.00 in six months and not work in the winter

If you made that amount of coin, you would at least be able to put a woodstove into your shop.

Got up a 2 am to plow snow and then tore all my saws down to clean them up good in an icebox of a shop. One heated bay, is that to much to ask for? Guess I just need to be a better climber so I can make 100,000.00 in six months and not work in the winter

The garage I got all my smaller equipment in you saw when you came down I heat with a propane furnace. I wish I could get natural gas to it propane gets up to 3-400 a month sometimes just in that garage. The town we are in made people remove outdoor wood burners I really wanted to do that.

I get scared of putting an actual fire like a pot belly in there due to the amount of fuel i got stored in there.

I already shut us down for tomorrow. We're going to be -30 to -40 wind chills and the high temp is now supposed to be -6. I just don't care to deal with it. We probably won't get much done. But I remember in my younger years....we would have been going tomorrow...on time. I remember one job that had to get done and I took a 52 ft boom straight up and down for a removal in -56 wind chill with nothing blocking the wind. It was unbelievably cold. I actually told my guys to sit in the trucks while I was up there. Check on me if you hear the boom stop moving for too long.

Gonna be chilly again today with -20 wind chill. It's not my shop to heat or trust me it would have something more than a 10 x16 bathroom/ lockeroom. Guess it doesn't really matter as I only work at the shop once or twice a month. The bucket truck has good heat.

Dude I got up about 40ft today for three hours and I thought my feet where gonna fall off even with 600gram boots and double socks. Wore my snowboarding Googles so I didn't have any skin exposed. Took out one stump and man standing still was torture.

Matt it wasn't any warmer at 60' today. I had to climb and finish what the bucket couldn't reach on a decent sized pin oak. Hung out some pretty big limbs and tops just to move it along quicker. The snow was blowing so hard at one point I couldn't see the groundies below me. Good idea on the goggles. I'll have to throw mine in the truck tonight

Cold as Hell here too. My guy that works for me was sick for the last couple of days. That is no problem. I agreed to basically give him an 25 hours per week minimum through winter. I didn't say if we weren't doing tree work that we weren't going to do anything at all. I have a nice heated shop and lots of maintenance to do. I do have some extra repair work and metal fab that I do for other people also. I find plenty of things for him to do. He is too sick to come to work today and hang some cabinets in my 65 degree shop but I get a text an hour ago asking me if he can use one of my trucks and dump trailer to move some furniture from his brothers house to his today? WTF?

Spring better hurry up. That's all I'm saying. Jesus.. winter has hardly started and I've already contemplated both the thought of going on antidepressants, and taking a job working for the man just to stay busy. Lol. You know its bad!!:laugh:

Matt it wasn't any warmer at 60' today. I had to climb and finish what the bucket couldn't reach on a decent sized pin oak. Hung out some pretty big limbs and tops just to move it along quicker. The snow was blowing so hard at one point I couldn't see the groundies below me. Good idea on the goggles. I'll have to throw mine in the truck tonight
My regular glasses kept foging up because I had on one of those hoods that cover your mouth and nose. I tried leaving my nose out but damn it was stinging in a few minutes. The Googles worked great.

Spring better hurry up. That's all I'm saying. Jesus.. winter has hardly started and I've already contemplated both the thought of going on antidepressants, and taking a job working for the man just to stay busy. Lol. You know its bad!!:laugh:

This doctor's prescription - take a month in Costa Rica (maybe 2) and call me when you get back.

Back